Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

JUST ARRIVED -- Nike Performance Hybrid Carry Bag

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Just wanted to share a couple of sneak peeks of the latest bag I have in for testing: Nike's Performance Hybrid Carry Bag

As a former lover of the Sasquatch SQ Tour bag, I am really excited to see how this one compares. Check back soon for the full review!

teaser 1.jpg

teaser 2.jpg

teaser 3.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Looking forward to this. I have the Nike SQ tour bag and might be in the market for a replacement in the near future.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

I have a hypothesis that 14 way divider bags cause more damage to club heads and graphite shafts than bags with only a few dividers. I would be interested to test the idea. My thinking is the dividers by nature force space between each club head allowing them more room to build speed and knock around harder causing more bag chatter on iron heads and scratches on graphite shafts. Bags with only a few slots force clubs to gather into bunches and not allow as much knocking around.

I spy with my little eye something...

• SPY VIP

I think you might be right Finalist.

I have a hypothesis that 14 way divider bags cause more damage to club heads and graphite shafts than bags with only a few dividers. I would be interested to test the idea. My thinking is the dividers by nature force space between each club head allowing them more room to build speed and knock around harder causing more bag chatter on iron heads and scratches on graphite shafts. Bags with only a few slots force clubs to gather into bunches and not allow as much knocking around.

#TruthDigest

This would be a fun Lab: get two bags (or maybe even three) with different tops, put new sets of irons in them, and swing 'em around for a while. Take some pictures and see what looks worse.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

This would be a fun Lab: get two bags (or maybe even three) with different tops, put new sets of irons in them, and swing 'em around for a while. Take some pictures and see what looks worse.

Sounds like a great golf cart rally race project. Strap in the irons, start your engines, cart path is not allowed. I call the Mach 5...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

I think this would be a great way to do it:

Get 3 cheapo sets from the "bargain bin". Paint them all up with white paint. Then get the 3 bags and put the sets of irons in, come up with a similar test for all 3 bags. Maybe riding a round the golf course on a cart for 18 holes. Don't have to play you could literally just drive a cart around the course.

Then check to see which caused the most amount of damage to the white paint applied to all the sets.

#TruthDigest

I think this would be a great way to do it:

Get 3 cheapo sets from the "bargain bin". Paint them all up with white paint. Then get the 3 bags and put the sets of irons in, come up with a similar test for all 3 bags. Maybe riding a round the golf course on a cart for 18 holes. Don't have to play you could literally just drive a cart around the course.

Then check to see which caused the most amount of damage to the white paint applied to all the sets.

The paint the clubs idea is smart.

Also paint the shafts of some woods where the shafts may contact the slots when walking. I have a Sun Mountain bag that's so harsh on graphite shafts that the paint on the shaft wears away. My hybrid has a one inch spot on the shaft where it touches the bag with no paint left on the shaft. I've resorted to buying foam sticker paper from Wallmart and creating a soft protective barrier.

I spy with my little eye something...

I too think that it would be a good test to run. I'm in the market for a new bag as well and have been really looking at this bag. I really like the black and dark grey one myself.

To comment on the clanking of the iron heads and stuff, my simple fix is that I bout Nike iron headcovers for my Nike irons. It will eliminate them hitting each other all together. Now, I know that this may work for me and some others, but for the most part people don't like to have covers on their clubs when they are playing golf. I can see the downside to them, but honestly, if I'm pumping the amount of money that I am into my clubs, I want them to last a long time, and to look nice. So, iron headcovers seem to be my fix to this "hypothesis" scenario of the heads banging together, but would still be interested to know if having more dividers hurts or helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this bag last week and I LOVE IT! I got the black and grey model and have iron head covers on my clubs and its SUPER quite! I cant get enough of all the pockets and features, It really is a nice bag. I like the straps on it too. Haven't had any problems with them yet and they are really comfortable!

I have always liked the Nike stand bags, they sit on my shoulders better than any other brand. On the rare occasion that I can leave the staff bag at home, I have a Vapor X bag that I really like. I was torn between that or the hybrid bag and liked the stretch pockets on the Vapor X.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Archived