Driver/Off the Tee
  • Biggest Weakness
    Approach
  • Fitted for Clubs
    No

Recent Profile Visitors

12,235 profile views

azstu324's Achievements

1. We have a BIG wrong way driver problem here. Half of it is drunk driving and the other half is the elderly. My wife and son almost got in a head-on yesterday with an elderly man going the wrong way on a major street. Everybody drive safe!
  2. I had to look up your profile just in case you lived here in Chandler Arizona. People here drive like complete asshat $hitheads. We live by the fire station and they're constantly running to wrecks.
  3. What I find odd.. but it's golf so really there isn't any right or wrong.. is that he didn't love the feel of the TS4's. I'm guessing that maybe his swing just doesn't jive with the 4's? They demand redline speed in order to even get them interested in hitting a ball.. but when you give them what they want, man do they feel great! Either way, I've probably watched this new video 40 times. Yeah.. I'm a freak like that.
  4. I know this is completely off topic.. but this is what I refer back to when I want to reminisce about the good old days. This is my cycle trader ad video from 12 years ago that's saved in my YouTube archive. I think about her often. I wonder if she's been taken care of and if she ever thinks about me. Sometimes I find myself looking for her on the highway. We had some great times together. Another significant occurrence that happened 12 years ago is.. we found out we were having our first kid. Some day my lady.. we shall dance again
  5. I'm hop that as they begin to scuff, the patina/rust will help fill in those spots.
  6. 1st round with the Toura MB's.. (Apologies for the blasphemy) but.. Sweet Jesus these things are SO NICE! I've always known not to judge a club's feel and actual performance off of how they play on the mats. Typically performance drops off some due to mats being overly forgiving, but feel is enhanced on the grass with pure shots and good turf interaction. One thing I'm noticing in my short time and limited field experience thus far is that finding the middle of the face is not nearly as difficult as I expected it to be. In fact it just seemed downright easy to flush shot after shot. I'm not sure if it's the stiffer and heavier shafts, heavier heads, or combination of both that just really allowed me to sync up well and keep a nice, repeatable path. I've had a few sessions in my home setup. The Garmin R10 has a "distance" function where you hit 10 shots and it gives you an average distance and disbursement variance for those shots. I did 4 rounds with 3 sets of clubs and was pretty much dumbfounded that the Toura kept a tighter disbursement than the 2 sets of Maltbys. Also, distance variations were tighter with the Touras. How could this be? Maltby is a pioneer in making players style clubs with uncharacteristic levels of forgiveness designed in. Well of course I held back a bit of skepticism knowing that once I got out on the course things could really easily change from what I saw at home. Well my time today with these clubs confirms that what I saw at home definitely was the real deal. Today I shot 80 on a par 72 from the Gold which plays around 6500 yds. Not that long but definitely not short. My best score on this course is a 72 from the silver which is the next tee market forward, and 76 from the Gold so I'm not angry at 80 at all. I'm happily saying that the 80 that I shot had 0% to do with the new irons and 100% to do with poor putting (which is very uncharacteristic of my game). Every iron shot seemed absolutely flushed and completely on the mark for distance. The ONLY greens that I didn't hit the entire round were on a par 3 where I actually used my 50° from my TS4 set that was short, and on a long par 4 with a 205 yd approach that I just pushed to the right of the green but was pin high. Shot of the day was on a 210 yd par 3 where I absolutely blistered this tiny 4 iron pin high and within 10 yds. Trust me when I say.. this thing is slim! Overall I'd say today was a fantastic first round with the Touras! It's one of those rounds that has me replaying all of the great shots I my head and thinking about how excited I am to get them back out. FYI, here's what happens to nice clubs in the desert.. It wasn't even any gravel and was just off the dirt. I ended up on the green though.. but at a price Here's some more profile pics of the 7 irons from Toura, Maltby TS4, and Maltby TS3
  7. Man even the P7MC's seem a little on the hefty side.. at least in the longer irons. You ever dabble with any progressive SW's? Moving from heaver to lighter starting with the wedges being heavier and ending with the 4i around D2 or 3? Some like to batch irons together to match for example , Gap/PW maybe @ D6, 9/8 @ D5, 7/6 @ D4, 5/4 @ D3.. or GW/PW, 9/8/7, 6/5/4.. or there's my preferred OCD approach of 1/2 SW point per club which starts the PW at D5 and ends at the 4i at D2. IMO it makes the longer irons more manageable as they're definitely always the harder to hit. If it's what you like though then don't mess with it.
  8. I know that at +1/2" over "standard" and with the DG X100 shafts, I had to knock as much as 3 SW points off from the butt end from some of the clubs. That's nearly 12 or so grams added to the grip section. I ended up lining the inside of the shafts with high density lead tape. After I did though, the clubs seem to be weighted perfectly through the set and don't feel like I'm swinging a sledgehammer on a toothpick. I've never had to counter weight that much before so I just hope the lead tape stays in place. Definitely worth a shot to add the weight to see if it makes any difference.
  9. Have a tee time on Monday at a course (The Duke) that will allow for every club in the set to get some game time. It'll be a great test for the Touras for sure! Also I hope to get some comparison data this weekend against my super playable and forgiving Maltby TS4's that fall roughly under the same category. If they can hang with the TS4's, that's a major win for the design aspects and playability of these clubs. We shall see!
  10. Completely agree! So much cleaner and so many more options if you have the tools. I also feel like a prison tattoo artist with my bootleg machine, inking up my clubs .
  11. Here's my new "rig". It's actually 12v 1a. Plug it in, clip the positive lead to the metal being etched, use the negative with a Q tip or cotton ball and the electrolyte solution. Soooo easy! Here's the etching on my other wedge. I still need to do "Vincent" down the hosel and I think I'll add "R.W.C" next to the last burger on the right. I actually used black club epoxy for the paint fill and think it turned out pretty killer! I think I'll do the same for the rest of the etching. It's pretty cool how clean the lines and details turn out!
  12. If I recall, there has been some back and forth on the Maltby forum and per Britt, the difference is negligible at best. I think he said something along the lines of "it's more headache and waste of time to worry about it than to just not think about it and move on". TBH I haven't given it any thought in any of my builds and so far everything seems to play just as I like.
  13. Or perhaps @Toura Golf just needs for you to learn to play righty..
  14. Hey y'all! I have some updates coming. I built a new etching contraption out of a 12v 1.5a power converter that works like a charm! If you're following any of the Toura build, I used it for the entire set. I just got my 58° back from Gabe in Florida. In keeping with the theme, my 58° will be named "Vincent" and this will be etched on the back side.. Stay tuned!
  15. Yeah I think I'll go acrylic next. I've done this plenty of times and think that I always used acrylic so not sure why I decided to go enamel. And yes I always clean with either acetone or rubbing alcohol before. I just think that the paint was a ways off from fully curing.