Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,588 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: TaylorMade

Testers Wanted!

TMTP5Feature.jpg

It seems to be the year of new golf balls! We are certainly not complaining, though. With a few other major brands already putting up their new golf balls for member testing, we now have the opportunity to get the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X in the hands of our testers to see how they really perform.

What’s changed?

TaylorMade has completely revamped both their TP5  and TP5X models with a significant investment to the tune of $100 million for golf ball-related business. This investment went into several key areas, which included buying the Nassau ball plant in South Korea and huge investments in their golf ball R&D. Over the last three years, TaylorMade has built a new state-of-the-art indoor test range and completely remade its outdoor test area with Trackman units to capture performance data for every stage of ball flight.

As for the golf balls themselves, the TP5  and TP5X now have what TaylorMade calls “Speed-Wrap.” This is a new technology that TaylorMade claims produces “significantly faster with a better feel and a softer feel.” This is done by allowing the material to control the sound without affecting speed. As sound often directly relates to feel, the new TP5 and TP5X can be firmer golf balls without feeling or sounding firm.

Finally, the initial three layers are now progressively firmer, allowing them to “truly perform like completely different products.”

The bottom line is TaylorMade feels they have really upped their standards with their new golf ball lineup and want to make significant gains in the ever-competitive golf ball market. Being a distant third in market share to Callaway and the far-and-away leader Titleist, TaylorMade hopes the new TP5 and TPX will be their launchpad to further success.

TM-TP5-LINE.jpg

Want To Be A Tester?

We need six testers to test, review, and keep the new TP5 or TP5X golf ball. Each selected tester will receive two dozen golf balls for their review.

*This test is open to all golfers worldwide.

*Registration closes March. 1

*Testers will be announced on the Forum March. 5

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected!

TM-TP5-CUT.jpg

179 Comments

I usually play a Titleist Tour Speed on the course, but have been playing a TP5 Pix all winter in the simulators with very encouraging results. Great speed, spin, distance and feel.

I'm seriously giving this ball a hard look to be my gamer this year!

20 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Crazy isn't it? I didn't expect it from Callaway balls. I have tried them in the past, but was MEH on them. These balls though, they are good. I have also tried TaylorMade, I am still MEH on them too. I am looking forward to this review. 

It is. The cover has been a HUGE surprise. Better than the ProV1x so far. I have used the same ball for each the Chrome Tour and the x for all my sim sessions so far, and there is hardly a mark on them. I will be posting some pictures today.

more then willing to give TP5 a chance again. Have played them in the past and not quite loved the "feel".  If they are good enough for Rory....

With the pix moving the pattern around with Less black and more orange around the aim line! Big big fan of the old pix X with less spin on long irons off the tee should make for some fun content!

I'm pretty satisfied with the balls I use and don't know how different balls would help my game. TM Tour Response/Callaway Supersoft/Titleist True SOFT. Have you or anyone tested Lazarus irons? Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks 😊.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:46 AM, Hampus Anderberg said:

normally playing around 100 rounds  past 3 seasons with my girlfriend and been trying out different balls, have been playing alot with Callaway chromesoft and Pv1, not really tested TP5 that much while my girlfriend mostly play with just that. As a 6 hcp now i really start to enyoj trying and testing small things to get a better feel during my rounds.

Still fairly new restart to the game of golf, but last 3 years I have been playing alot and also alot of local competitions.

Bor du i Sverige? Jag spelar nära Umeå på sommaren. Sorry my Swedish is so terrible. We were in Norway for a long time but our family lives in Umea and Stockholm. I'll be there for a few weeks July/August this summer. Sad I never made it to Falsterbo or Vestby when we lived over there.

I have a large variety of Tayormade balls I would like to play with from different years I’ll have to research what years they are from and see if say the practice and or team TaylorMade ball is any different! But I’ll be able to compare spin rates of different years! All while working on my drive! Even a range ball! To compare!!!

IMG_6980.jpeg

IMG_6979.jpeg

Would love to test these balls as I played with the 2023 version last season.  I liked the distance and feel around the greens and would love to see if TM’s claims around the 2024 version are true!

Da Lammer

This Test is now closed to further comments.