Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

Always love the opportunity to try out new wedges. The additional grind options could definitely be something that sways me away from Vokey wedges. Looking forward to reviewing or seeing the reviews on these wedges. 

Screenshot_20240307_082750_Chrome.jpg

Still using   Ping BECU PW, SW       Would Love to participate in testing the new PING wedges...   online fitting is very interesting...    THANK   

This would be fun. Have spent quite a bit of time this winter understanding how to use bounce to really improve my short game. Good luck all

8 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I'm not surprised at the results at all! Being 100% truthful on the fit is important.  

Funny tidbit, I went through the full webfit for kicks, I was curious . Not bad selections.

Thanks @PING and MGS for this great testing opportunity.  If selected,  I will provide the members and public with my most thorough and rigorous efforts. This sign-up already has me searching into all the different facets of wedges technology. I never realized the depths that bounce, lie, grind, sole design, etc goes into how they affect your shots. Good luck to everyone !!!

Screenshot_20240307_073248_Chrome.jpg.38419afd96e6d654b475f527432d2685.jpgScreenshot_20240307_073237_Chrome.jpg.8280d4da2c0c9c75693badfb660fdce7.jpg

Screenshot_20240307_071445_Chrome.jpg

You are correct about being honest with the inputs…I did a Vokey online fitting and have been very happy with the clubs from that.  But in playing around with the inputs, it would spit out a number of different configurations.  But, if you know your swing, it can be very helpful with the options available.

54 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bernstein said:

Have always played PING irons. Not so much their wedges. Last PING wedge I played were the Anser model but I've moved on from that set. Currently gaming iE1 irons with either Callaway Jaws Raw or Mizuno T10 wedges. Would love to give the PING wedges a whirl to see if they find their way into my bag full time. 

Screenshot_20240307_073246_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bernstein said:

Screenshot_20240307_073246_Chrome.jpg.93a3745ad520ace7e3afa12da7818951.jpg

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bernstein said:

Have always played PING irons. Not so much their wedges. Last PING wedge I played were the Anser model but I've moved on from that set. Currently gaming iE1 irons with either Callaway Jaws Raw or Mizuno T10 wedges. Would love to give the PING wedges a whirl to see if they find their way into my bag full time. 

Screenshot_20240307_073246_Chrome.jpg

I'm looking forward to testing the Ping 159 wedge. Playing taylormade Sim 2 now.

Bummed that I won't be able to join the live Q&A (I have a quarterly meeting with the local school district) but I have a short story to share that may encourage others to join who were on the fence...

In 2005, I was fortunate enough to travel to Phoenix / Scottsdale to become a PING certified fitter.  The experience was incredible and something I haven't forgotten.  We were given a complete tour of the foundry, the gold putter vault, the putting lab and at the end of the tour, sat down with the Solheim family...yeah...full on access.  

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Solheim family and PING not just as a company, but as a brand that is truly committed to making the best products with direct oversight of that process.  I'm not sure what this afternoon's agenda but I have a good feeling that this will be a great opportunity to really connect with some excellent minds.  PING has my full respect as one of the elite innovators.

This is an amazing opportunity for the MyGolfSpy community. I have been seriously considering getting fitted for these new Ping s159 Wedges. For me personally, it's always about the grind. As an uneducated, new golfer, it took me some time to discover grinds, what they meant, and how extremely important they are. This led me to the next highly important objective: course management research on the golf course I was preparing to play. That decided which grind I was going to use for my short game.

Anyway, tip of the cap to those at MyGolfSpy management who work hard to provide these opportunities. Semper Fi!

Screenshot_20240307_083703_Firefox.jpg

I’d never really considered Ping for wedges until I tried the glide a couple weeks ago. Felt amazing and spun loads more than my current wedges. Looking forward to this test as my wedges are on their last legs. 

Good luck to all potential testers! I'm looking forward to this opportunity and results, over time have become more of a Ping fan, started with a putter that I was given and recently got a set of irons and driver over the past year. Currently using the stock wedges and CHPR while working on improving my short game and figuring out what works for me.

Tried my cousins ping Wedges from a year or two ago and had amazing accuracy just chipping around and hit into his bag on purpose first try while waiting at the tee box . Hope I can get my own set 

My wedge game is like the wind: variable and never consistent.  I’ve been hesitant using golf apps, mainly for security reasons, but I’ll try this out because MGS is signing off on it.

Good to see Ping offering more grind options and the fitting app sounds interesting. Should be a good test, good luck to those that apply. 

I have been a PING wedge user since the PING Eye 2 S & L days.

Currently using PING Tour-W 50/12 & 56/14 wedges.

Retiring to Florida, I have found the need for wedges of varying grinds.  One minute you are in thick Bermuda green-side rough and the next minute you have a super-tight, grainy lie. Not to mention the need for fairway shots of 100 yards in wet Summers and windy dry Winters.

I seem to always need a "Super-Magic-Adaptable-Versa Grind"!  😄 👍

The PING Wedge Fitting App should really help people think about their needs and get the proper wedges in their bags.

IMG_7058.jpeg

IMG_7057.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

Interesting that a gap wedge wasn’t recommended. I generally hit my PW 150 and my 54 goes 120. That’s a sizable gap that I feel with my 50 that goes about 135. Other wise the grinds and bounce seem right on the mark. IMG_2140.png.39cadf81e629ec66955e4c8879815e39.png

Just bought a new set of ping irons! I love wedges and I love trying out different ones! Have always wanted to try out the Ping’s wedges but haven't had a chance. I like to buy wedges that I have had a chance to hit in a course condition. Hitting them in a simulator does nothing for me, I want to pick a ball out of the rough and see it stop up on the green! Or a nice bunker shoot or 75 yards from pin and stick it close! 

I have said for years there needs to be a way to actually test out wedges before you buy them. Give us a chance to give them a real golf test. I think more than any other club you just want to get a good feel and comparison before you commit. Especially at $180 a club. 

What a great opportunity this will be. I don’t play Ping wedges. I have been a Titleist and CallawAy wedge player. For this year I am playing TaylorMade. My short game has been one of my strengths for quite a few years, and I would love the opportunity to give these a go!! Good luck to all of the testers!

This Test is now closed to further comments.