Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Make sure you check out the following thread to ensure you're doing everything you can be in regards to having an opportunity to be selected! I can assure you, none of our member testing opportunities are "random draws" as they are not prizes to be won, but rather thorough, 4-6 week tests where the members selected will go through a thorough process of testing, and reviewing, the S159 wedges.

One of the criteria required for testing is a photo and complete profile, so make sure you start there! 

Like this???? I am currently playing them and you guys will love them if selected but figured I best add my picture just in case 

s-l1200 (3).webp

15 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Man as a guy who switched into a PING driver five years ago and irons a year ago iam super jealous of the gold putter vault!!!! I want to see it as iam a putter collecting junkie!!! The wedges are fantastic and were enough to make a lifelong Vokey guy swap 3 out of the 4 that I carry

If I took inventory of my club usage since high school over 25 years, it has almost always gone back and forth between Titleist and PING.  I've struggled to find wedges that work for me like the Vokeys and what I am really appreciating in the market right now, is a conscious choice by manufacturers to change their wedges to change the public perception.  A lot of grind options, newer shapes and more than anything, better tools to see what fits you.

Hoping this one works out and if not, I am going to be happy for those who are selected because they look great 🙂

I would love to give you an honest opinion on these clubs. I come from the place of someone who is working on improving their game and have been focusing on my short game all winter. It’s been my saving grace when playing with my low handicap friend on the simulator using my old worn out wedges. Would be nice to give you the prospective of someone who could use some forgiveness but could also grow with a set of wedges. 

IMG_5222.png

On 8/27/2023 at 4:13 PM, Shankdog said:

I’ve done this numerous times over the past 3-4 years.  I’ve done both exchanges in the store and filing a claim thru the “insurance” website for the gift card for the purchase amount.  It’s a great deal if you know the correct steps and not let the time limit expire.  I always make sure to keep the receipt for the purchase together with the original packaging in a cupboard so as not to lose it to make the whole process easier.

Does this still work? 

I actually went to an actual wedge fitting at ping where they do fittings from headquarters at The Westin Kierland Golf Club. Fantastic experience. They came up with similar specs to the Webfit app. 50 S, 54 S or H and 58H all with dynamic gold s300 or S200 depending on availability. The heavier shafts increased feel and dispersion.  Chipping off tight lies I was able to hit all of them 10’ or less zero Chunks no skulls. Just amazing performance. I feel they definitely outperform the vokeys I currently have the SM7.  Chipping was always a strength but in the last 5 years kids and responsibilities kept me from practicing. If chosen I will use this responsibility as an ‘excuse’ to go out and practice more. So for the good of the game you need to pick me. 
the H grind is similar to the vokey M or the grind in Taylormade tiger edition wedges. Really a beauty to swing. Performance off the charts. 
I live in a golf course community and am awaiting arrival of my Uneekor Eye Mini Lite and will be able to provide statistics with actual data behind them. 
Highly motivated to play a bag almost entirely ping performance based golf clubs. 

IMG_1289.png

IMG_1290.png

IMG_1291.jpeg

No way! What a great way to start the morning. Saw the email and got fired up! I'm able to play an executive course frequently which would be perfect for testing these bad boys out. I hope I'm picked for this test; good luck to all!

IMG_3961.jpeg

17 minutes ago, bens197 said:

If I took inventory of my club usage since high school over 25 years, it has almost always gone back and forth between Titleist and PING.  I've struggled to find wedges that work for me like the Vokeys and what I am really appreciating in the market right now, is a conscious choice by manufacturers to change their wedges to change the public perception.  A lot of grind options, newer shapes and more than anything, better tools to see what fits you.

Hoping this one works out and if not, I am going to be happy for those who are selected because they look great 🙂

Yeah I was in no way looking to change wedges and walked into my buddies shop and we were talking and he handed me one he had gotten as a demo, I chipped while talking to him inside and was kind of liking the look at address so I took it outside and started hitting some full shots it was a 52° and man it felt great so we got looking at the wedge selector and he had a 56° that was my specs so I took that out and was sold. I got a 52, 56 and a 60 but kept my Vokey 48° which is my PW as I can't stand OEM wedges and that Vokey is going to ne tough for me to oust as its my favorite club to hit in the bag!!! 

This is a crazy cool test that Ping is putting up. 

To be 100% honest, the only reason I didn't go with Ping for my last purchase was the lead time on customization. Callaway has 5-7 weeks, Titleist was 10+, Ping was near 6 weeks, Cleveland was 7 working days. Hit all of the models and the Ping and Cleve were the two that I was going to land on. The only thing that put me into my RTX was the lead time. Otherwise I was going with the Ping Glides. Very excited to see what this test brings. 

image.png.75e44895039e6d1266e71c65959e4723.png

Good luck to everyone that signs up!

I am excited to see this test! Ping wedges and Mizuno wedges have always intrigued me because their irons are so pure, yet they are not known for their wedges. I just got new wedges last year, so I am out of this test, but good luck to all of the testers! I am excited to follow along!

This is a great opportunity and would be a lot of fun to do. I love trying new wedges and seeing how different clubs work around the green.  I have done some personal testing some older Ping wedges as well as a couple of Glide wedges and have been quite impressed. I have also used a few different Mizuno wedges as of late and I would really like to see how the new Ping's compare.  Living in AZ the conditions vary quite a bit depending on the season you play in and speaking with a wedge fitter from Ping would be great to discuss the best options for the variable conditions.

Good luck to the other submissions and have fun.

image.png.38ed13482f61afcce54b8639c7e11b43.png

WOW, this is the greatest opportunity for a retired old guy to move into today's world of wedges. Good luck to all participants.

I can't wait, I'm surprised at what the fit app set me up with but I can't wait to see the results. can't wait to feel them, and play different shots around the green. 

Screenshot_20240307-080829.png

This would be an awesome opportunity for me, as I bought my first Ping wedge last year.  I used to play all Vokey, but now I have a Vokey, Taylormade MG4 and a Ping Glide in my bag.  Trying to figure out what I like best.   My short game is my strength, but would love to actually get fitted for wedges and see how that can help my game.  Good luck everyone!

image.png.cf5c5726ee5fcd98ff0f18852759801c.png

Man, I think this is the club I would most want to test this year out of any of the offerings - I even made a thread about these wedges back when they first came out: 

Also, the Webfit Wedge app results were remarkably accurate for what I would expect to see for gapping results. I currently carry a 52° and 58° wedge - full carry on my 58° is 78 yards, and my 52° is 98. Seems like the webfit predicted that pretty accurately based on my pitching wedge carry distance. I'd be interested to know what their assumed pitching wedge loft is for those calculations, as I could see some issues for folks using game improvement clubs with stronger lofts (my last set, for example, had a 42° pitching wedge that carried 135).

IMG_1525.PNG.f3bfc518b70ae56d8ce06f77fb566411.PNG

This Test is now closed to further comments.