Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

Looking forward to the reviews! I'm in the market for new rain/snow gear. It's supposed to snow this week 😞

I currently use a pair of Galvin Green rain pants and a FJ jacket.  I've tried GB stuff in the past, my only issue with it was that it was a bit noisy ( the whole "swoosh, swoosh" sound when you walk).  Playing in the NE and traveling back to Ireland a couple of times a year, I can definitely give raingear a thorough workout

I live in Missouri and play year round.  Would love to test some of your gear!

Could have definitely use some extra gear last week , it’s about that time of the year in AZ. 
Looking forward for the test and results . 

IMG_2859.jpeg

Never seen thew product in person but did hear good things about it. Would be great to be a tester for this product.

Although I won't pray for rain, I could use some rain gear. Sign me up.

Thanks for the opportunities.

I'd love to test this set of Galway Bay rain gear and compare it to my set of FootJoy Hydrolite's.  My FootJoy's were fine for a trip to Ireland but as other testers have mentioned are a tad warm for the Summer showers here on the East Coast.  Good luck to all, and let there be rain!

Looked outside and it's pouring in Michigan today...then hit the test page and sure enough here it is! LOL  Excited to see how this compares to their prior generation stuff, which got some pretty good reviews.

Ready to go today, managed 8 holes in light rain, 9th getting heavier and umbrella up, 10th everything wet, no all weather gloves so packed in since we were at the clubhouse. Need Galway to see if it is any better

IMG_1404.JPEG.825774282f0a61345a5ca4eedb3ee58a.JPEG

I am looking to buy new rain suit this year. would love to try this company out.

gb

I'd love to try it out.  You never know those spring storms will pop up down here on the coast.

As much as I’d love to test this, I think it would be best for those in other inclement weather than myself being in NM. All it does is mostly get windy and some occasional rain. But if you want someone from New Mexico I’m all for testing! Good luck!

golfer from the prairies here.  Rain is an issue, and absolutely has to be pouring out for me to stop golfing.  So good raingear is a must.

Thanks for the opportunity!

This gear might finally get my wife to OK a couples golf trip to England and Scotland.  We've been to Ireland and luckily had dry weather while golfing.  🤞

Seems like a lot of rain gear I've worn doesn't let moisture out and I end up soaked in sweat...but not rain.  Anyone else have this issue?  I'll look forward to the chance to review the gear.

This Test is now closed to further comments.