Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,797 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Bags
Vendor: Sun Mountain

TWSM-1.jpg

For the second week in a row, we have a split testing opportunity that includes a travel bag. This time around, we are excited to introduce Sun Mountain to our member testing platform. Sun Mountain is a well-known brand that offers a wide selection of golf bags, travel bags, golf carts, and more.

About Sun Mountain
Sun Mountain has been in business for over 40 years. As a brand, they focus on functional designs, quality materials, and durability that are built by golfers for golfers. Additionally, their bags are also assembled at their headquarters in Missoula, Montana, offering styles, colors, sizes, and options not found with many brands. Many Sun Mountain bags also boast premium features such as fine leather, ballistic-style nylon, premium zippers, waterproof bags, and even carbon fiber legs.

All of this to say, Sun Mountain has been around for a while and they want to see how their products perform in the hands of our testers.

TWSM-2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
We are happy to offer two different products for this testing opportunity. The first is their newly released Matchplay Stand Bag.

The Matchplay Stand Bag is available in three color options, has a 4-way top, and weighs in at only 5.5 lbs. Those are just some of the basics; for a list of specifications, check out the Forum sign-up page where we have the full details listed.

The second product available for testing is the ClubGlider Travel Bag. This bag has been featured in Most Wanted testing and has a core standout feature. This feature is extendable legs and wheels that support the entire weight of the bag and its contents, meaning no lifting, bending, or lugging your golf bag and its contents around the airport.

Available in four different models, all of which have their own color options and pricing, the ClubGlider series claims to offer comfort, functionality, and ease of use that other travel bags do not.

TWSM-3.jpg

Want to be a tester?
We will be selecting two golfers for each product (four total testers). When registering, Forum members will only be able to sign up for one or the other, not both products.

Are you a walker wanting to test a new stand bag? Or do you have travel plans and want to see if the ClubGlider can improve your experience? Let us know and sign up through the link below!

TWSM-4.jpg

*Registration closes May 29.
*Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on June 4.
*Open to all registered Forum members in North America.

TWSM-5.jpg

100 Comments

I used a Sun Mountain bag for many years and liked it. My sons got me a Nike stand bag about 10 years ago for Father's Day. While it's been a good bag, it's showing its age. I'd love the chance to try a Sun Mountain bag again.

Love to have a new Sun Mountain bag to test. No Ping clubs anymore for my Ping bag 😎

Out of the bags I’ve had, my Sun Mountain C130 has been my favorite. Well made and durable. I would love to try out one of their stand bags. I usually like to put my clubs in a stand bag throughout the week for practicing, and then swap to my cart bag when I play.

Very interested in checking out the carry bag.  I prefer to walk the course.  Current carry is a Taylormade , I think they call the series FlexTech which actually works pretty well but is showing the signs of many rounds.  Tried a Stitch SL2 for a while, nice bag to carry but not enough storage and club grips got tangled often enough to be annoying - an expensive (failed) experiment.  Have heard good things about the Sun Mountain bags

I can't speak highly enough on Sun Mountain bags. I grabbed the C130 about 2 years ago and am not looking back. I would stack it up against any cart bag available!

Would love the opportunity to put the Club Glider to the test. I was so close to pulling the trigger on it a couple of months ago, but opted for something cheaper, which already has a couple small holes in it after 1 roundtrip and I ended up having the stand mechanism on my bag damaged on the outbound leg of my last trip.

Not to mention when I had my 4 wood and putter ripped apart last fall when traveling...

Would love an opportunity to test this one out.  As part of The Walking Golfer Society, we have a big tourney up in Marquette Michigan very soon.   Would be a fantastic spot to try one of these out.  

I have a couple of golf trips planned this summer so it would be really nice to be able to get one of the 2 travel bags being offered up for testing. Sun Mountain and Bag Boy are definitely my 2 favorite companies for bags so a travel bag from either would be an awesome addition to my travel plans!

always looking for the best stand bag as I regularly take the subway to and from the course and need a bag that is light, but has space to carry a light sweater, golf shoes, balls, etc.

I really want a good, safe, option to travel with my sticks.  A dedicated bag looks like a fantastic option.   Our club is being renovated in the fall so I'd be able to provide an extended review as we kick up the travel while it's closed for 9 months.

Would love to test out a new stand bag, my current bag is having a hard time standing. Love sun mountain designs but unfortunately can’t afford it. Started walking more since cart fees are per person and it isn’t worth it, plus walking gives me a better look at my shot and gives me time to think on how to play it. Good luck to everyone! 

We travel 2-3 times each year flying with our golf clubs. Would love to try out the Sun Mountain travel bag. It gets tiring lifting the golf travel bag up and down so often.

I may be traveling by air to golf in the fall. The original plan was to take a cross country road trip but that may change and the Sun Mountain travel bag is at the top of my list. 

I was originally looking at Club Glove but have heard that their business model has changed and Sun Mountain has surpassed them in quality and customer service. 

My only concern is size. 

I have a full Puma Cobra set up that is a bit....hmmmmm, on the large size. I want to make sure that it will fit and also will need to know what clubs to pare down if weight is an issue between my set up and the weight of the Sun Mountain combined. 

I'd like to hear thoughts on this. 

*I will not be flying with my ClicGear push cart (also seen in image) 

IMG_3015.JPG.bc601f1637e14fc3ac47ec32d603902b.JPG

Wow, lots of signups for this review!

I have so been needing a new stand bag. Been wanting to start moving away from the heavy cart bag and into a stand bag to encourage more walking. And also practice at the driving range. Such a nightmare to show up to a practice facility and refuse to take the whole bag, so I just grab a few clubs and just hand carry them in.

This Test is now closed to further comments.