Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
9,244 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Vice

ViceIronsFeature.jpg

We are always excited when we can bring fresh, new products to the MyGolfSpy Member Testing platform, especially when said products have created buzz and questions surrounding them. The new irons from Vice Golf fit this mold to a tee, and we are thrilled to have our members get their hands on them for testing.

About Vice Golf Irons

Vice Golf made a big leap by entering the golf club market. The Wunderkind line of irons consists of the VGI01 and VGI02 irons. With many DTC (direct-to-consumer) brands producing irons, it would be easy to think these are template irons. However, that thought would be wrong.

Vice Golf partnered with the largest golf fitting and building company in Europe, called HIO. The two used all their combined expertise and knowledge to build the new irons. In addition, all Vice Golf clubs will be built in-house at the HIO headquarters in Munich, Germany.

ViceIronsTW.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Vice Golf irons. Two testers will be selected to test the game improvement offering, the VGI02 irons. Another two will test the players' irons, the VGI01.

The VGI02 irons, as stated, are a game improvement offering. They have a 2-piece cast head with minimal offset and slight heel weighting to increase face closure. The head is also lighter to help promote increased swing speed. All of these characteristics are focused on making the game easier for mid to high handicap golfers.

The VGI01 is a triple-forged hollow body head that also boasts a milled finish. It features a low-offset design with a thin topline and slightly longer heel-to-toe construction for improved forgiveness. Built as a player's iron, it is meant for the mid to low handicap golfer who still wants a little bit of help.

Are you interested in being a tester and providing feedback on the Vice Golf irons?

ViceGIIrons.jpg

*This test is open to right-handed forum members only.

*Registration closes June 20.

*Testers will be announced June 25 on the Forum.

283 Comments

This is exciting. Can hardly wait for the reviews. Hopefully their irons are as strong as their golf balls.

Pretty stoked to see what these actually do! When I first found out about these, I tried to do some research on all the details and struggled to find out very much about them. So, this should provide clarification for me, as well as many others!! If I get selected, I’m going deep with my review! 

Back in 2021 I had a friend ask if I was interested in filling in for a last minute cancellation for our annual guys golf weekend. I dusted off my dad’s old hand me down clubs and wanting to look the part, I went to Marshall’s to buy a couple golf polos. Then I googled affordable golf balls and  found Vice - ordered a hat, some Vice tours and their variety box. Proceeded to lose every ball that weekend but had a blast. Fast forward three years and Vice pro plus is my current ball of choice and we just finalized dates for this years golf trip. Would pretty cool to come full circle and game some vg101s for this years trip

IMG_7269.jpeg

Well goodness gracious I would love to test Vice’s new VGI01 irons against my MacGregor VIP FOIL Forged CB irons. Terrific opportunity for 4 lucky members perhaps I’ll be one, thanks again MyGolfSpy 

This would be freaking sweet! I love hitting new things and trying new stuff out. It's become my new obsession within golf. These look so clean, classy, refined, and uber appealing. I hope they sound, feel, and perform as good. 

I would be very curious about their game improvement series vs the "big guys". I struggle, hard, with every GI iron i have hit. Oddly enough, I hit players irons and players distance irons significantly better. Eg: mizuno pro or forged, Taylormade 790, Ping i230. My consistency, flight, dispersion, and accuracy isn't even in the same country hitting GI vs "better player" models. (Estimate a 20 hcp, never kept track since I started playing last year) 

Good times 😆 

7 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

I thought I would be the first to sign up but I got to the part about RH only. 😢. Oh well. 4 lucky forum members are going to have a great time testing some nice looking irons. 
I do hope Vice has some plans to LH in coming years. 

I know us lefties are a real minority Interesting that last week 60% of the range at our club in Canada were lefties

Just watched a review of the 01 and 02 irons, reviewer was impressed for a first run from Vice.  They look amazing, numbers were right in the ballpark as other manufacturers, sound and feel were said to be excellent (albeit subjective).  If I had a choice of which model to try it would be the VGI01s.  Either set would be fantastic to test for anyone chosen.  

I’ve been living my mid-life crisis through the vice lime green pro plus. The players irons look like an interesting compare to my ping i59. Would love to get a shot. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.