Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,056 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: Graphite Design

1.jpg

Testers Wanted

This season there have been a lot of different driver shafts tested through MyGolfSpy Forum member testing and it wouldn’t be a complete season without including Graphite Design. 

About Graphite Design

Established in 1989 in Japan and 1997 in the USA, Graphite Design Inc. has been at the forefront of golf shaft innovation for over three decades. Their founder, Mr. Megumi Yamada, worked to revolutionize the industry with his cutting-edge lamination technology. This works to ensure their shafts are both lightweight and incredibly strong. This advanced technology, coupled with state-of-the-art design and the finest materials, makes Graphite Design shafts the premier choice for both professional and amateur golfers.

Graphite Design's "Tour AD" logo stands for "Accuracy and Distance," a promise that their shafts aim to deliver consistently. These key competitive advantages have helped countless golfers optimize their performance. Their shafts have been the most dominant on the JGTO (Japan Golf Tour Organization) Tour for the past ten years, and they continue to support professional golfers worldwide.

With some of the most iconic shafts in golf we are excited to bring them to our member testing platform this season.

3.jpg

Testing Opportunity Details

We are seeking eight golfers to test the Graphite Design Tour AD premium shafts. As a tester you will get to test, review and keep a Graphite Design Tour AD shaft of your choice. 

We want to know how the Tour AD line of shafts compares to your current gamer. Where does it excel and where do you think it could get a little better? Real feedback for real golfers with a wide variety of handicaps and abilities. 

Testers will be asked to provide on course feedback, launch monitor data and comparisons to their current driver shaft over a four week testing period. 

Do you want to test a new driver shaft? 

2.jpg

*Open to North American forum members only.

*Registration closes on June 26.

*Testers will be announced on the forum on July 2.

118 Comments

Really have been struggling getting off the tee consistently.  It would be interesting to see if my current shaft is hindering in that at all compared to a Tour AD shaft.

Would love to see if a new shaft could help me out. I hit my HZRDUS decently well, but days where I feel like I'm swinging a touch slower, it gets a bit tougher to hit. Have wanted to try GD and Ventus shafts for a while but haven't pulled the trigger on one.

Graphite Design has always been a rock solid company.  Many players rely on these shafts and you know the quality is always going to be good.  I'm interested to see the results of this test to see what kind of variety they have in their lineup.

Looking forward to the opportunity to test the GD-DI shaft.  A new driver shaft is on my list to upgrade this year.  The DI structure specs seem to be what I am looking for in a new shaft. 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

This is a great opportunity. My swing speed isn't what it was, so I am kind of looking for a new shaft, and was interested in their VF shaft.

I had a chance to try a fellow golfer's Graphite Design X5 shaft recently.  I thought my existing Cobra had a great set up for me (70 years old, stiff, high 90's driver swing speed, 8 hcap).  Typical drive 140 - 155 yds. I hit my driver and then his on holes 16 & 18 at Papago in PHX.  His driver was 40 yards and 35 yards further (180 then 175!)  WTH!!!  Couldn't believe the shaft could make that big a difference.  
Hope I get to evaluate this against my existing on a proper test.

Ever since someone told me how much difference a shaft makes I have been so curious to test out one of these! Good luck everyone! 

Would love a chance to see how any of the comparable shafts compare to my Mitsubishi Kai’li white 60x in my Cobra Aerojet LS. I would probably benefit from a switch to the DI, IZ, UB, or TP. The kai’li is pretty smooth for a white profile, but I know that GD has legendary feel. I wonder to what extent that added feel could improve dispersion without sacrificing the bombs. Appreciate the consideration!

6 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Is the fitting chart on their "-asia" website the one to reference for shaft choices?  The latest model listed there has a 2018 year on the descriptor.

The VF came out last year or something because Tiger started using it and everyone went bonkers. 

15 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Will testers be able to go for a fitting (shaft/head combination)?  If so, are there any approved fitters/places?  

If you like - that is up to the selected testers. That said they will only be getting shaft that is tipped and gripped.

You would have to check your local areas for if they carry the shafts. 

I tried one of these and didn't give it a fair shake and went with a ventus tr velocore so hopefully get an opportunity to give it a true go.  Good luck to everyone.

I’ve yet to find a shaft I feel as comfortable with as I do with Ping’s Alta shafts. Id be curious to see how these shafts feel in comparison?

This Test is now closed to further comments.