Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

Assuming it is accurate, this type of app will be the future of the fittings game.  I have spent hours on the range with various fitters tweaking everything else in my bag. I know I need a wedge fitting as well.

Amazing how the use of technology is driving improvements for the player. Will be interested to read about the testers’ experiences and results. 

I just did a Titleist in person ball fitting and it was great.  It was similarly brief too, I needed to hit only 14 balls. The rep was great too. 

3 hours ago, Hallsy24 said:

I am definitely curious to see how this app works compared to the Mizuno fitting optimizer

As Hallsy24 said, Is it as good as the mizuno system, I've found that to be pretty good on the occasions I've used it. Hopefully will get to find out!

2 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

Amazing how the use of technology is driving improvements for the player. Will be interested to read about the testers’ experiences and results. 

Completely agree - excited to watch this test! Good luck to all the entrants!

I have always wanted to do this. I’ve actually tried the app before on my own but I’m not sure my swing profile is ever correct. I do know that my 14 degrees of bouuncw in my 59degree wedge is too much and I’ve wanted to upgrade my wedges and at least get a 60 with less bounce. 

Awesome opportunity for the members here thanks to the efforts of the MGS staff and Titleist. 😎

Best to all that apply, looking forward to seeing how the fitting app works for a variety of players, and the results of using the actual wedges selected. 

I love my wedges right now, but Indi is still a very small brand and have very limited options for grind. I would love to see if the Vokey app thinks other grinds would benefit my game

I would love to compare this against the Vokey Wedge fitting I did 6 months ago to see what grinds the app recommends vs the wedges I actually got from the Titleist fitter.

Very interesting. It's been quite a few years since my fitting so I would love to see new recommendations from the app.

Good luck to all and thanks MGS and Titleist.

Jim

Definitely signing up for this one. I started grinding my wedges years ago. Pulling the plastic off and grinding on a $100+ wedge is difficult, but I know what I like. But is what I like right for me? My biggest problem with the wedge is distance. Max right now on the 56 is about 70 yds, my GW is 118. Anything in between is a flighted GW. I only carry my set PW, GW and a 56 degree.  Maybe this test could answer some questions for me about my wedge play. Good luck everyone!

I have tried many wedges thru the many years I've been playing.  I have a pile of them in garage.  I do like the Hogan Texas 58 deg wedge, works great here in east TX.  But I always end up with my Vokeys, 50, 54 and 60 (sometimes 58) for any event.  They are consistent and perform well under pressure!

This Test is now closed to further comments.