Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,660 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Sub70

TESTERS WANTED!

Sub 70 Golf was created to give golfers access to the highest quality and newest technology golf clubs available in the market, and to do so at a fraction of the cost of larger companies.

They don't have an advertising budget, and there is no third party selling our clubs and marking up prices to ensure their own profit.

Sub 70 Golf is located in Sycamore, Illinois, and the people that started Sub 70 are also the people that build your clubs, answer your calls, and play a lot of golf.

Those same people believe that golfers should not have to feel the need to spend a small fortune on new golf clubs every six months in order to feel like they can keep up.

Sub70 take pride in their clubs, and stand for their values. If for any reason you're not satisfied with your clubs, let them know and they will make it right.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 23.01.28.png

For this Test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test two of the Sub70 TAIII Milled Forged Wedges

Screenshot 2023-05-24 21.30.09.png

The TAIII wedge is an addition and complement to the award winning TAIII irons. Created with both reliability and versatility in mind, the TAIII golf wedge can play every shot: high, low, high spin or low spin. Meant for those with creativity around the greens, the Tommy Armour III Tour Milled wedges are the precision made tools of a short game artist.

This test is open to anyone in the US and Canada with RH only availability!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

237 Comments

Very interested in this test

have looked at Edel golf, difficult decision to replace Vokey wedges

would love the opportunity for this test

Thanks for the opportunity.. I play a lot of different shots and study Runyan and others and would love to try the variety of trajectories and roll outs claimed.

I would love to try out Sub 70 wedges. My current wedges getting old and started wearing out the grooves. Need replacement. This would be very interesting and fun test since I spend lots of time practicing  around the green. Sub 70 wedges have great look !! Love to see how they perform.

The strongest part of my game is my wedge game. I manipulate the face into whatever position is needed for the shot.

Am currently playing all Titleist wedges, so these would be a welcome test, to put up against the dominant wedge in golf.

All the best to all who entered and we look forward to hearing from the winners, how these performed for y'all.

MAHALO!

Great looking. Sharp. Hot. probably makes you feel confident! I play one length club (5I to GW). but I want to return to regular length 54 and 60 wedges. This look like a great opportunity to make the comparaison. Thanks to MGS and @GolfSub70

I’m in the market for some new wedges.  I’ve gamed Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, and Cleveland wedges.  I’d love to add Sub70 to my bag.  They look great!

My game is starting to move in the right direction, but my short game needs work.  I do well getting out of the sand or moderate rough, but really struggle with short shots from tight fairway lies.  I have wanted to add wedges that have a grind to better allow me to increase or decrease bounce depending on the lie.  

Having been a 200 round per year golfer who has been limited by 4 massive surgeries; I have 20+ Drivers, 45+ fairway woods and hybrids, 15+ putters, 150+ wedges, 25+ sets of irons; I bring a ton of multifaceted experience with Club Heads, Shafts, Grips, Swing weight , over all weight during my nearly 54 year experience, with a interest in club design since the 70's. Am always ready to try new designs as I learn more from their actions to the ball strike/shaft combo of all clubs. Finally recovering more complete use of my left massive rotater cuff repair, right side massive rotater cuff repair postponed to October to get in some golf this summer. There have been many new ideas in wedge design, some are returning to previous designs  that I beleive they were unaware of the dupicity of the design from previous models worked on by trial and error of past designs. My current "Lob Wedge" is 70's  BH Sure Out with very wide flange to battle the 2 feet of sand dumped into our bunkers again this year. Would love to test your club, my current schedule is 2 days on the short game/sand practice are each week; 1 day of full shots on the range with additional time on the practice putting green; and chipping with 8I throught lob wedgefor shots less than 20 yards. Approximately 200 or more shots per week while maintaining a full time work schedule at Amazon. Let me know if I am selected so I can  make a choice of club that suits my current weakness in the short game. Still use Peltz's putting scoring system, and his short game assessment system to gain insight of what is lacking this week in my skills.

Can't recall if I commented on this post, but I would be elated to test these. I actually just pulled the trigger on the 949x Pro Hybrid because I have been hooking my current one. Since Sub70 says this hybrid is "Anti-left" I could not help but snag it! Woule love to give more Sub70 clubs a try. Best of luck to all who test these!

I honestly wasn't planning on signing up but after looking at their wedges, and reading some of the comments - i've changed my mind and hope i get to try these out! It'll be hard for me to switch from my current wedges but anythings possible! Good luck to everyone that signed up!

Been hearing more and more about these guys, genuinely excited for this review. My Vokey 7s are soon to be replaced.  Nice one MGS!

23 hours ago, tucker_jct said:

I'd love the chance to see how much better these wedg20211012_175554.JPG.eb8e2db861d607fd1bd243579cc24e77.JPGes are than the Hogan Equalizer II  that I've been playing.    It would also round out my set with my irons being the Sub70 TAIII  

Wow what a good looking set! The TAIII belong in that bag!

On 5/28/2023 at 9:42 AM, FloppyLobber said:

The strongest part of my game is my wedge game. I manipulate the face into whatever position is needed for the shot.

Am currently playing all Titleist wedges, so these would be a welcome test, to put up against the dominant wedge in golf.

All the best to all who entered and we look forward to hearing from the winners, how these performed for y'all.

MAHALO!

Same here! I’m very confident in my Mizuno T22 wedges which have been my favorite I’ve ever had in the bag! I would love to see how these hold up. From what I have seen they definitely pass the eye test for me!

Would love the opportunity to test these out.  I run a charity tournament and if they are all they say they are I would pick up a bunch to give away as prizes.

This Test is now closed to further comments.