Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,342 signups
Equipment Type: Grips
Vendor: Lamkin

Lamkin Sonar+ Black & UTX Blue/Green Grips

image.png

Lamkin has been making high quality golf grips since 1925 and continues to develop key innovations that result in more power, consistency, and accuracy for all golfers.  We are looking for eight golfers to test Lamkin's newest grips for 2023 in the SONAR+ BLACK and UTX BLUE/GREEN grips.  

image.png image.png

SONAR+ BLACK

COMFORT. CONNECTION. POWER.

This beautiful grip, with a deceptively minimalist appearance, is constructed from our incredibly comfortable and durable Genesis Material. Combined with the refined texture and unforgettable touch of our Fingerprint Technology, the result is a remarkably long-lasting grip with an enhanced feel and strong connection that truly feels like no other.

image.png 

image.png

UTX BLUE & UTX GREEN

THE INDUSTRY’S FIRST AND ONLY CORDED GRIP WITH A TACK FEEL

UTX is our fastest-growing grip on tour, with multiple wins across the major tours. Positioned as our “tack-cord,” this industry-first, tour-validated grip will serve golfers looking to gain confidence by securing connection to the club with its unique Tri-Layer material technology and ‘X’ pattern cord texture. The result is the same traction, moisture control, and enhanced feel trusted by tour pros around the world.

image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 8 MGS Forum Members to test these new Lamkin Grips.

4 Testers - Lamkin Sonar+ Black (Standard, Midsize, or Oversize)

4 Testers - Lamkin UTX Blue or Green (Standard or Midsize)

This Test is open to all US Forum Members!  Testers will be expected to have their clubs regripped at their own expense.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

108 Comments

I would test either or......IDC as either one looks awesome. If I had to choose it would be the Sonar black midsize, but if you need other testers for the green and blue....im in!!!

Been a cord grip user for 30+ yrs.  I do not wear a glove and play in the Texas heat. This will be a terrific test for both the feel and moisture management in the heat of the day.  UTx might be the answer.   

Have UTX grey on my irons and hybrids  -   they've got about 100 rounds on them maybe more and still perform great -  that said  i would like to update.     The Sonar has intrigued me  -  i have Winn Drytac on my driver and fairway woods now

thanks for doing this test

Been using Lamkin grips for at least 20 years, currently using Crossline, really like them. Thanks for the contest opportunity

Just installed the Lamkin Sonar + Wrap Calibrate on my wedge.  Really like the more subtle spine on the back of the grip, less obvious than GolfPride Align, also its super tacky.

I have had my eye on the Sonar + just recently. Saw them in a PGA Superstore and really liked the look and feel of them. Having played for over 52 years, it’s pretty safe to say I’ve tried my share of grips. I am currently gaming the Golf Pride CP-2 in the oversized or Jumbo size and have used them for the last 3 years. But I am always looking for a change if it will help. I have used Lamkins for many years before I switched to GP’s, and I would love to give them another chance.

My favorite golf grip is Lamkin.

Since I switched over to using air to install/remove grips, have not been keeping up with all the new style and material in recent years.

Love to check out the new products.  I can also switch the grips to several different golfers in my family for testing.

Love my Lamkin grip on my Mizuno putter. I have a set of PXG's and the grips they came with are terrible. The clubs are great but probably the worst grips I have ever had. Lamkin is definitely the go to brand for grips!

IMG_3121.jpg

Grips play a significant role in my game. I have been using JumboMax on my woods and rescue clubs and Golf Pride CP2 Jumbo on my irons. Would love to try the Sonar+ BlacksIMG_0957.jpeg.e3ba908858ede58b5e06900acf983a3e.jpeg

Hi have been using Lamkin Sonar for the past few years. I had the sonar+. They lasted a long time and resulted in me not changing grips for 2+ years. I upgraded my driver and wedges and they came with tour velvet grips. These new grips did not last very long before becoming too slick. Also, the wedge grips all split a bit from going in and out of my bag. When I regripped I noticed the installation on the wedges had no double sided tape the last 1-2 inched on all of them. Probably why they split.

This spring I changed to sonar+wrap and have played 10 rounds with them and really like them. I signed up to test the sonar+black as it would be interesting to see the difference. Likely will stay with the wraps as they are really nice for me.

Well.. YES I would like to try the Lamkin UTX Blue or Green grips!

I have been a long time GolfPride full cord grips for many years. I use a .600 round core grip.

Thank You for the opportunity to be a tester!

I've been an avid Lamkin grip player for over 20 years. Presently I'm using the the Crossline 360 grips and I'd love to give the Sonar + Black a try. I've trusted the feel and comfort of the Lamkin grips for so long it's like a form of skin to me. Let me evaluate these gems and I'll provide the feedback you want. Thanks. 

Just upgraded my 10 year old clubs for some Ping G430 irons. Would be great to test these grips out on those. 

On 6/22/2023 at 12:04 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Big thanks to Lamkin for this test!  I've been a Lamkin user going back 7-8 years now since I was first real iron fitting.  I started with the Crossline grips thinking they were just a cheap and easy option and I fell in love with the feel they provided.  Used them through 2-3 grip changes and had an opportunity to try the OG SONAR+ and SONAR+ Wrap curing the Cobra Connect Challenge.  I've been a SONAR+ user since then and will likely make a swap over on the Edel Irons soon! 

I am intrigued by this latest UTX Blue and Green model too, so I might have to go out and get a grip or two to try them.  But the SONAR+ Black looks like it will be an absolute hit for those that didn't care for the blue on the OG model because it is a fantastic grip.  

So who wants to get some fresh grips for the rest of the year?  Come on now... we all know you're overdue to change them, might as well see if these Lamkin's work as well for you as they have for me!

I've been using the Golf Pride Tour Wrap over 10 years. I have always enjoyed the tack feel. Very interesting concept with the cord grip but a tack feel. Would be happy to test either one of these grips. Thanks Lamkin! 

Would be very excited to test the corded UTX model.  Playing in the desert year-round, the heat and humidity chews up rubber grips.  Consequently, re-gripping is a twice a year ritual for me…😟

This Test is now closed to further comments.