Sign in to follow this  
Jiro

WITB Jiro

Our Sponsors

Been on this site for awhile but hadn't gotten around to posting my WITB. Here goes:

Ping G30 SF Tec driver: 10* loft, Ping TFC 419D regular flex shaft.

Srixon Z 355 Hybrid 19* loft, Miyazaki Jinsoku stiff shaft.

Miura Passing Point PP-9003 irons 4-GW: 2* upright, KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft, 1/2" long.

Ben Hogan TK-15 wedges: 54*, 58*, 62*: 2* upright, KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft, 1/2" long.

Nike Method Origin B1-01 putter: Nike RTS 35" long shaft, Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip.

Grips: Pure Pro

Balls: Wilson Staff Duo and Duo Spin

Bag: Ping Traverse for my cart bag, my carry bag is an Ogio from about 10 years ago-not sure on the model.

Also pictured is my back up putter:

Ping Anser Milled 2 Putter: red dot-3/4" flat, True Temper 35" long shaft, Superstroke Fatso 5.0 grip.

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1853.JPGIMG_1852.JPGIMG_1855.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1842.JPG

9 iron:

IMG_1850.JPG

54 wedge:

IMG_1851.JPG

A bit of commentary on selections:

The driver and hybrid are both new to the bag this year. My last driver was the Ping K15 and I really liked it so basically just upgraded to the adjustable version of it so I could tinker now that the G30s are on discount.

I ended up going with my irons, wedges and grips largely due to reading stuff on this site :). I really enjoyed that article from awhile back about getting fit for Miura clubs. When I was in the market for new irons I decided to give them a try and really liked them--this particular model had a combination that I was looking for--great feel and looks, good forgiveness but still with good feedback. I was basically looking for game improvement clubs that still had feedback and looked clean and classic. It was hard for me to find clubs that met all of the above criteria so after I hit these I had to convince myself (and my wife) that I would skip a regular iron-buying cycle and keep these twice as long as typical to justify the price and make it cost neutral. So I am sticking with these for the long haul and have to satisfy my inner club-ho by switching out other sticks in the bag. So far I don't regret it, they are really fun to hit.

I really like the BH wedges--they meet all the criteria noted above. I always wanted to get some Scor wedges but could never pull the trigger without trying them first. I was able to try these out at a golf shop and they went straight into the bag.

My brother works at Nike and that is how I ended up with this putter last year. I have a family pass at the employee store where they have some good discounts (my entire golf wardrobe is consequently Nike). For whatever reason, the putter was the only thing I ever bought club-wise before they stopped making clubs. My wife and two brothers all have bags filled the Nike clubs, they made some good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

And back up bag:

Ping Rapture V2 hybrid 17*, 20*, 23*. Regular stock shafts.

Ping G5 irons 5-GW, yellow dot, Ping True Temper Regular flex shafts 1/2" long

Ping iwedge wedges: 54*, 58*: yellow dot, Ping True Temper Regular Flex shafts 1/2" long.

Also have a demo Ping S57 7-iron to hit for fun on the range.

IMG_1856.JPG

• Like 1

Great clubs... and I love the OSU putter shoe!!!  Go Beavs!

• Like 1

Nice set! Those Muira's are great looking irons!

• Like 1

Those Miura's are SWEEEEET!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Very nice set - I am using the Nike Origin putter as well and absolutely love it!

Me too. Been using it more than my ping lately. Seems to do better for me on lag putts.