Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's your dream set up and why?

My current set up:

Titleist 910D3 9.5 (set to 8.75) Project X 6A4 7.0

Nike VR Pro 3+ wood Project X 6A4 7.0

Mizuno MP67 2-PW S300

Titleist Vokey SM4 52 + 58

Currently don't own a putter! Looking to buy one for summer when I'm back from uni.

Ball: Srixon Z Star

Dream set up:

I'll be honest and say that my woods are perfect, I absolutely adore them. However, I've always had a soft spot for the Ping G10.

I had a G10 12 degree when I was young and it was my first proper driver that I bought with my own money, and I loved that club. If I could get my hands on a good condition G10 with the same shaft as my 910 then that would be perfection.

As for my 3 wood, that's the best club I've ever had. Picked it up for £50 off Golfbidder (bless them) and it's probably the best £50 I've spent in golf. Came with that shaft (which are selling for about £70-80 used by themselves) and it's a 13.5 degree Nike VR Pro. It looks, sounds and feels like a dream. I wouldn't change that for the world.

Irons. Hm, this is a tricky one. I recently got these MP67s after searching for ages for a good condition set. Managed to pick these up off eBay for £140 and it looks like the previous played about 3 rounds with them. I already had the 2 iron before and I bought the 3-PW to match. Before that I had the Taylormade Tour Preferred MB irons from 2011. Great irons but fancied a full set of Mizunos. Dreams irons have to be the Taylormade TP MB Smoke irons from years ago. The original black nickel finish?? There's a 2-PW set going on eBay at the moment and I'm very tempted but I'm seeing my Mizunos through for now.

Nobody ever really talks about their dream wedges. I've had these Vokeys for about 5 years now and try to keep them fresh through sharpening, but I'm currently eyeing up some Cleveland forged 588 wedges. Look absolutely gorgeous and I'm loving the raw finish. Always fancied a wedge that will rust and generate godly levels of spin. Saying that, Mizunos T7s are looking rather spectacular at the moment.

Putters. My dream putter, as with most golfers, is a 1960s Ping Anser. Just can't find one that is under about £1000. I've never really bought into the Scotty Cameron's appeal. They are a quality product and I don't doubt that they're one of the best putters out there but at their price point I think they base their retail prices more on what their reputation allows them to rather than with what level of quality the putter is. There are arguably other putters out there that may match the Scotty for performance and desire but will inevitably be very much cheaper. I suppose it depends on what your brand and look preferences are at the end of the day. Amidst my quest to find a reasonably priced original Anser, I'm looking at a Yes Sophia, a Ping Anser Milled from 2011, a Mizuno MP and a refinished, chromed Ping Karsten Anser.

What's in your bag and what would you like to add to or change about it? Let me know guys!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right now it is what is in my bag and subject to change once I find other shiny toys.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.5

Titleist 917 F2 15* Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84x

Titleist 816 H1 19* Fujikura Speeder Motore 8.8x

Titleist TMB 4-PW TTDG AMT S300

Vokey SM6 52* (F) & 58* (K) TTDG S300

Vokey SM5 62* (T) TTDG X100

Cameron Circa 62 Circle T

Mainly have these in the bag because it is what fits my game at the moment. Don't practice near enough to play blades anymore. First time in a long time that I did a full bag fitting and changed 13 clubs at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Nickent Arc blades. Always wanted a set ever since I hit them on the range a few years ago. Hard to find though. 

Tour Edge Exotics XLD

Nickent 4DX 4 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 3 & 4 Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB 5-PW

Maxfli A10 Tour Limited 5-PW

Nickent Arc Forged 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03

Ogio Grom

Archived