Shaft alignment

Har in the Hat

i was on a website  Golfalot, and reading some information about shafts when there was a paragraph about shaft alignment.

discussing how a person might be hitting one club not as good as the rest due to some inherent flaw in the shaft and you can get the "spine aligned"

http://www.golfalot.com/buyingguides/shafts.aspx

has anyone actually done this?

Does this make sense?

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

It only works if the buyer just listen or read the ad or pitch, if you stop and just think about it for a second then you know it's total bs.

Even the low end Oem shafts produce more consistency than most golfers' swing. High end shafts already came with installation marking. I doubt if I just spent $200+ on a premium shaft I'm required to pay additional $20 to align the spine.

Even if I conceded that it works then what happened when you make adjustments to the angle settings you put the carefully splined club out of whack. If I can park 5 drives, heck 2 drives within 10 foot of each other consistently, then I may look into shafts alignment.

I listened to the sales pitch all the time, sometimes even the sales person got embarrassed selling you holy water.

This is something that was probably beneficial years ago but with the materials and processes used today it's not needed. Some will still argue that it is and others that it's not.

There's some pros that get it done but many that don't. Imo it's not worth paying for the service

My irons (Aerotech SF) are all spine-aligned. I was even given a demonstration by my fitter as to how he does it. Not rocket science. He took a shaft and placed the butt end I believe in a vise devise he had. He then took a roller bearing and slipped it over the shaft and began rotating the shaft until he felt the "spine" and marked the location on the shaft with a felt tip marker. He let me try it and you could actually feel where the spine was located.

So... all my irons are aligned. Did it make any difference? I have no idea as I've never played them without being aligned. It was all a part of my club building process and I didn't pay anything extra for it. My fitter was not pushing spine alignment as anything special. He just said why not? I suppose I agree too. Why not... and besides; what's it going to hurt? 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived