Driver/Fairway shaft recommendations

Super Tuna

Evening all,

Ideally, I'd do a proper fitting for this but the best fitter I've been too doesn't have much in the way of driver shafts to try out so we're down to educated guesses. He actually figured I should poll some other people to see if we're on the right track.

Currently I'm playing with a Burner 09 Driver and S2 fairway. The head is fairly effective in both but neither shaft suits me. I have a fast tempo and through a bunch of testing we've found we need to up the weight in everything. Irons are 120 grams, Hybrids have gone to 86 grams so we're looking at something like 75 grams for the fairway or 65 grams for the driver. Both the irons and the hybrids are smack in the firm category for stiffness.

Various stats from when we Trackmaned the current driver and swing

95mph driver swing speed

-0.5 to 0.5 attack angle

14 degree launch angle

4200RPM

38 degree landing angle

What currently kills me is the extra spin so the ball balloons badly. Also because the current shaft is 45 grams it's killing my accuracy. So when I'm looking to replace it with for the driver is a med/high or high launch shaft that can take those RPM down by 800 at least. for the fairway something in the med range or even med high that keeps the RPM down again.

His current suggestions run along the lines of

Miyazaki Blue or Silver 72

Diamana Ilima 70

Fubuki Tour - 63

Graffaloy ProLaunch Platnium

Graphite Design Tour Ad DI

Thoughts?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

What's your current shaft? Kind of hard to form a basis (since your launch angle is pretty darn good)without knowing the starting point.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Stock in both

REAX 49 gram in the Burner, measured at weaker then the regular flex listed

Fujikura Fit on Max 65 gram in the Cobra. The bonus to the Cobra is that it currently plays half a flex higher then regular

Fazer: Tried it out but there was too much variation in the flex and weight. Smash factor and thus ball speed also went down quite a bit.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I would go with UST tour red in both for consistency and med flight

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Well, the original RE-Ax sucks anyway hehehehe

How about trying a V2 shaft? It is much stiffer even in the 65g version, and can be had for less than $20 right now, so if you don't like it you aren't wasting the $300 a Diamana costs...

Archived