Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Craftsman Golf Headcovers

cjeffs12

CJEFFS12 Review of Craftsman Golf Headcovers

I would like to thank Craftsman Golf for sending me the full set of metal wood headcovers, and I also have a blade putter cover that I will include in this review.  I really like collecting headcovers, and I was already familiar with them, so when they reached out to test these and leave a review it was a no brainer. I will be reviewing the Blue White Leather with Red Stripes Driver, Fairway, and Hybrid headcovers, and the Black leather Lucky Clover Putter Cover.

1123916122_firstimpression.jpg.18b5c0a8e1786ab899d403ebd4542d02.jpg

Here is the link for these headcovers:

https://craftsmangolf.com/collections/wood-headcover/products/blue-white-leather-with-red-stripes-golf-head-covers?variant=32889085100141

First Impression (4/ 5 Stars)  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Upon opening the box of goodies, the first thing I notice is how big they look. Which I will come back to when I get into the on-course testing. In hand these headcovers feel as good as any leather headcover I have felt, and the stitching and lettering is top notch. The lining inside is very soft, and just by how good the leather and stitching is, I would not have guessed these are about 25 Dollars apiece. As far as my blade headcover, it was the same thought, it looks big. Same great leather, and I like the unique clover with the US Flag.

1359946745_headcover1.jpg.8692f717d30ae3b6239eb68af8a3413a.jpg  headcover3.jpg.583172207b3700c6e647485854768345.jpg

I have put other headcovers to show size comparison. 

Aesthetics (5/5 Stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Craftsman have quite a few designs of all varieties, but I love the Stars n’ Stripes, and the company logo on the back really pops on the solid white leather.  These really have good bag appeal. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really like the leather of the headcovers.

headcover2.jpg.4bebb8467f166a13c8df8ef8826559d8.jpg

On the Course (5/5 Stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I said earlier that I would bring up the size of the headcovers later… Well, here it is, they are bigger and wider especially at the opening than other headcovers, and on the course is where it made a difference. I like to play fast and being wider at the opening it is much easier to slide on and off. Others I have used before I have to set the end of the shaft on the ground and really struggle to get it on, but these I do not have to force at all. This cuts down a little time, and I never feel like anyone must wait the few seconds for me to get the headcover on or off. I know it does not sound like a lot of time, but when I play in tournaments when I could get penalized for slow play this makes me feel better.

The blade headcover is one of my favorite headcover, because of the one-of-a-kind design, the great leather, and the magnet that keeps it closed. I have lost many of OEM headcovers due to weak Velcro, or a weak or small magnet.

oncourse1.jpg.6092676a0473e025b29c00a78cc23d23.jpg

The Good, Bad, and In Between (4/ 5 Stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Bad: The only bad I can see is the limited selection when it comes to designs. Mostly this comes from me currently using a mallet, and I really want the USA Clover headcover for the mallet.

The In Between: My worry is with the slightly bigger size is that over time it will fall off. The website says this will not happen, but that will be something time will tell.

The Good: Obviously, the leather and the excellent price are my leading good points. Also, the benefit of helping pace of play is huge!

In Conclusion (TLDR)

The Craftsman Golf Headcovers have a great leather with unique designs at a great price. The bigger size for the metal headcovers helps keep the pace of play due to the ease of taking on and off. With the blade putter cover the magnet is amazing.

Final Score: 18/20

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Great stuff, @cjeffs12! Those are some good looking head covers and I'm glad to hear they're working out well for you. I'm surprised they're so affordable, to be honest. I just jumped over to their website and while their selection is limited, they have some really nice ones. Thanks for the review!