My 1st thread

Oh Oh, Golfspy_APH sent me a screen shot on how to post a thread, so here I go...

I have what I think is a good story and am looking forward to any feedback from the members.

In 1982 my wife and I went to the "Bob Hope Desert Classic" she is a great athlete and plays golf now probably more than I do however at the time she did not, anyway we were staying on one of the courses the tournament was being played on and we were in Palm Spring a few days before the tournament started, my friend and I were heading to Costco to load up on libations and food for the week but before we left my wife asked "how do I tell the pro's from the amateurs". So I said "the pro's will have their names on their golf bags." So off we go, when we get back my wife greets me at the door with a big smile on her face, " I saw 2 pros on the golf course!!" I said "that is fun, who were they?" She says "Mr. PIng and Mr. McGregor".... 

I love telling that story...

committed to performance excellence

Great post! Welcome to the Forum - looking forward to many more posts from you. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Oh Oh, Golfspy_APH sent me a screen shot on how to post a thread, so here I go...

I have what I think is a good story and am looking forward to any feedback from the members.

In 1982 my wife and I went to the "Bob Hope Desert Classic" she is a great athlete and plays golf now probably more than I do however at the time she did not, anyway we were staying on one of the courses the tournament was being played on and we were in Palm Spring a few days before the tournament started, my friend and I were heading to Costco to load up on libations and food for the week but before we left my wife asked "how do I tell the pro's from the amateurs". So I said "the pro's will have their names on their golf bags." So off we go, when we get back my wife greets me at the door with a big smile on her face, " I saw 2 pros on the golf course!!" I said "that is fun, who were they?" She says "Mr. PIng and Mr. McGregor".... 

I love telling that story...

Loved the story Jim!!  My wife has been playing golf since 1963; I started in 1992.  We went to the Bob Hope, but it was not that long ago and it was called the Humana Challenge.  Spent one day following around a few pros around; love Rocco!  Also followed Morgan Freeman; Bill Clinton was there.  The next day we were playing golf at Cimarron near the Palm Springs airport when a big windstorm suddenly came up.  We kept playing and a tumbleweed went over my wife's back when she was teeing off on #17.  When we got back to the condo, we saw that they cancelled the round for the pros!!  Wimps!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”