Byrdie Golf Design - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts here!

@warrenator8 - Main Post  - BGD Essentials Full Bag

@BringerofRain - Main Post - Goat Collection Iron Set

@Grip - Main Post - Grind Wedges

On 5/25/2024 at 11:54 PM, Rob Person said:

Great review details!  Thanks for providing the honest pros and cons you experienced! 

Would you recommend them?

I would recommend them with the understanding that they are not going to be the most forgiving set of irons. The driver and 3-wood are forgiving and work well. I think the wedge needs work. But, for the price, they are worth it.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball

Past Reviews: Titleist White BoxLean Lock PutterByrdie Golf Design

• 2 weeks later...

My Final Review on The Byrdie Designs Grind Wedge Collection has been posted within my main post. 

Update: The Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges are currently listed at $200 for the set; this seems to change frequently on their website, although the individual prices haven't changed to date.

Edited by Grip
Removed updates

Greg O'Connor

Good insight on the beginner vs player.

Enjoyed the review @Grip

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Spies, I am back to do a quick test before I post my final review of the BGD irons. I took a group of friends to the simulator to test them out and here is a quick 30 second review from my buddy. Please let me know if you’re able to view this video and I hope you enjoy. 

IMG_1617.jpeg

Edited by BringerofRain

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, BringerofRain said:

The final review is ready for consumption. What an absolute blast to get to test the last couple months. I am here to answer all questions. 

Quick update I went on a little vacation and borrowed a buddies game improvement irons. While the lofts were Arnold Strong, the biggest surprise was the feel. I will take the feel and the compact head design of the GOATS. 

Still wouldn’t recommend for a higher handicapper but another positive check mark for the GOATS. 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges are currently listed at $250 for the set; this changes frequently on their website and it appears now that the individual wedges can no longer be purchased separately.

The Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges that I tested have now received new grips. 

20240628_162533.jpg.165a16d25a450badd5af1a71cf09e75e.jpg

The new grips made a world of difference in controlling the wedges during a quick range visit, just what the doctor ordered! Now I just need to get back out on the course. My spouse has had several surgeries recently so I have not been able to play any rounds this month. 

Greg O'Connor

19 minutes ago, Grip said:

Update: The Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges are currently listed at $250 for the set; this changes frequently on their website and it appears now that the individual wedges can no longer be purchased separately.

The Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges that I tested have now received new grips. 

20240628_162533.jpg.165a16d25a450badd5af1a71cf09e75e.jpg

The new grips made a world of difference in controlling the wedges during a quick range visit, just what the doctor ordered! Now I just need to get back out on the course. My spouse has had several surgeries recently so I have not been able to play any rounds this month. 

Best wishes for your spouse's quick recovery.

Edited by RetiredBoomer

• 3 weeks later...

I took the Byrdie Design Golf Grind Wedges along with me for a full round of golf this afternoon and left my other wedges at home. All three performed very well with their new grips. I still favor the 52 degree gap wedge over the 56 degree sand wedge and the 60 degree lob wedge off the fairway for approach shots less than 100 yards. The sand wedge works very well out of the bunkers. The lob wedge really gets the ball up and on the green from real short yardages. Looking forward to many more rounds with these clubs in my bag. 

Greg O'Connor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I played a quick nine holes midday Wednesday the 25th on a course I'd never played before. I'm still pleased with the overall performance of these grind wedges. The gap wedge is still my favorite. The sand and lob wedges are both beginning to surprise me during shots that I need to get up and down with. 👍😁⛳🏑

Greg O'Connor