Sub 70 286 forged wedge

dwade100

I bought these recently thanks to the MGS discount code! The Packaging was very nice and professional, and they included a free hat! First thing I noticed after taking them out of the box was them being heavy. I was using the Callaway Mack Daddy wedges. I was able to get out and try them off a mat into a range and using a top golf sim. I also got about 27 holes in on a real course. When I ordered these wedges I went with a regular shaft even though I play a stiff shaft in all my other irons and driver/ 3 wood. In my opinion I'm not swinging as hard with my wedges and decided to go this route, not saying its right or wrong, just thought id add it for context

First thoughts after using them was my accuracy was improved, in my opinion I was hitting my target with a smaller dispersion. I also was watching where on the club face and it wasn't always center of the face (shocker) yet it seemed to only push them right or left slightly. I also really like the look and feel of these, they feel so smooth!

After really playing them from different lies and different yardages I am happy with the purchase but really need to do some work to know my swing speed/ power. I was fairly good with my last set of wedges, I think my short game is the strongest part of my game. I think this is due to the weight difference but it isn't a huge deal. 

Around the green they are awesome, I've been working on a putting stroke with my 60* just off the green and I'm loving the feeling there. I practice that for about 15 minutes before each round of golf and I've had a bunch of chip ins. the accuracy on these is so much better then my last set of wedges.

When I started looking for a new set of wedges I was going to buy the SM9's when they went on sale. I almost pulled the trigger there then I got the email from MGS and went with these. Happy with them but a part of me does wonder if vokey's would be better. Maybe I'll get selected to be a tester on the SM10's and I can get back to everyone on that 😉     

Feel free to drop any questions and I will do my best to follow along and answer or get an answer for you!

I have the 286s also and have been happy with them. I didn’t notice them being lighter than my previous wedges but they also had the same shaft as the old ones.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft