Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

GEEK Golf - No Brainer Driver

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

For all you GEEK'S out there...they are releasing a new driver called the No-Brainer. Here is some info provided by them about the driver and some images:

“ Because of the distinct placement of extra weight incorporating the design characteristics of the sole and body of the NO BRAINER…this is truly a ‘Muscle' head…hence the tie-in to Muscle cars!

The Aerodynamics of the body works to enhance the unique weighting design of the sole of the club. The sole weighting runs from ‘heel to toe' directly behind the face which then extends in 3 weighting configurations going from the front portion of the club sloping to tapered positions to really increase the MOI and drop the COG further back and upward without utilizing a ‘skirt' on the sides and back portion of the club which in turn applies more weight where it will do the most good.

The design positioning of the added weight lowers ‘spin' and increases ‘ball speed' dramatically. Look for tremendous carry and tons of roll out with the NO BRAINER…

Steve Almo, of AlmoDesigns was recently quoted…”anyone can add weight to a head…you MUST incorporate the added weight into the design characteristics for optimal performance. Where you put the added weight to increase performance is key. I worked on this design for the better part of 2 years…it‘s a Monster Killer”.

Orange w/White Stripes for Chevy lovers. Metallic Grey w/Black Stripes for Mustang lovers.

no brainer flyer-a.jpg

#TruthDigest

The bulge and roll still look very similar to the DCT.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Looks like the blue and gray model will be pretty sweet. Super deep face. I had a serious interest in Geek drivers for a while but never ended up trying one out. I remember reading that most people needed to go up a few degrees in loft because of launch/spin conditions.

Anyone have any experience with this brand (specifically the Fail Safe)?

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Looks like the blue and gray model will be pretty sweet. Super deep face. I had a serious interest in Geek drivers for a while but never ended up trying one out. I remember reading that most people needed to go up a few degrees in loft because of launch/spin conditions.

Anyone have any experience with this brand (specifically the Fail Safe)?

I put Steve's stuff up with Mike's from SMT. I think I've hit all drivers those guys carry and I still think they are awesome. For some reason, even though I hit them the same distance I just never can get away from my Taylor stuff. The one thing with both the companies and it could have just been my luck is that when I had an 8* it felt like a 10* or even higher in some cases. But with Steve, you can call him and say hand pick the exact loft and he will probably do that.

I own a DCT and it's a knuckleball head when paired with a low launch/spin shaft. Great for the scramble club I built (have 2 different ones, my other scramble club is a SQ2 5900). The heads are great, IMO, though. I'm looking for a Little Bastard now.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived