Need Driver Advice

I am currently using the Qi10 driver, and I genuinely feel that this driver just does not give me what I think I should be getting. Currently I do not have the proper shaft in it, as I spin the ball around 3000 with the driver, working on getting myself a Ventus Black. I am thinking about either "downgrading" to a TSR3 or even switching into the AI smoke Triple Diamond. My ball speed is comfortably around that 175-180 number and I just don't feel that the qi10 is doing it for me. Any recommendations or if you have these clubs let me know how you feel about them!

Driver - Qi10 LS, Black Diamana X-Stiff 62G shaft

3/5 wood - Stealth 2 Plus, Ventus Blue TR 7X shaft

3 Iron - Titleist 716 MB - Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX

4-6 - Callaway X-Forged CB, Nippon Pro Modus 3 Shaft, X-Flex 130G

7-P - Callaway Apex MB 21, Nippon Pro Modus 3 Shaft, X-Flex 130G

52,56,60 - Taylormade MG4, Dynamic Golf S400

Putter - Custom Armlock Cleveland Huntington Beach Premier Soft 4 (Blackout)

ALL LEFT HANDED

At that kind of ball speed/spin rate you should probably be in the ls version. I’m taking it you weren’t fit for this club?  

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Just now, revkev said:

At that kind of ball speed/spin rate you should probably be in the ls version. I’m taking it you weren’t fit for this club?  

My fault, did not specify that it is the LS version already, I had broken my stealth 2 earlier in the year and was just warrantied for the club head.

ALL LEFT HANDED

Okay - I had something similar happen - stealth 2 head developed a rattle and was warrantied a Qi10.  Sometimes a shaft that worked well with last years model doesn’t pair as well with the next years one. For what it’s worth I clicked mine up one notch with very good results, less spin, better launch - you could try monkeying with that a bit before giving up on it. 

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kaden_Marcell said:

My ball speed is comfortably around that 175-180 number

Whoa. That is a different game than I am playing. No advice here but color me impressed. 

Just out of curiosity what ball are you playing? Left dash? 

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* / Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review -- 

3 hours ago, Kaden_Marcell said:

I am currently using the Qi10 driver, and I genuinely feel that this driver just does not give me what I think I should be getting. Currently I do not have the proper shaft in it, as I spin the ball around 3000 with the driver, working on getting myself a Ventus Black. I am thinking about either "downgrading" to a TSR3 or even switching into the AI smoke Triple Diamond. My ball speed is comfortably around that 175-180 number and I just don't feel that the qi10 is doing it for me. Any recommendations or if you have these clubs let me know how you feel about them!

I’m not sure I would consider a TSR3 a down grade, but I may be biased! 😂

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kaden_Marcell said:

What’s your dynamic loft?

where on the face is your contact being made?

im assuming at your handicap path, face to path and face angle aren’t to crazy.

changing loft is probably going to be an easier and cheaper way to reduce spin, followed by a ball change.

shaft changes can hav no affect, a good effect or a bad effect based on how the weighting and feel change. I would go somewhere to try some shafts to see if they change anything before buying. 

There is no downgrade going to a tsr3 as there are no bad drivers on the market just bad fits

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

Whoa. That is a different game than I am playing. No advice here but color me impressed. 

Just out of curiosity what ball are you playing? Left dash? 

Currently the standard ProV1x but have played with left dash and have seen some good improvements. This whole post is honestly nit-picking my golf game as I will say the Qi10 LS is a good driver, just maybe not the best one for me

ALL LEFT HANDED

1 hour ago, Kaden_Marcell said:

Currently the standard ProV1x

I don't have near your speed and I played the ProV1x (and now Maxfli Tour X) and they both spin quite a bit off the driver for me. Like 2900 - 3300 rpm BUT that is a trade off for "control" on approach shots for me. I have heard AVX and Left Dash are good lower spin options and that may be easier/cheaper than buying a new driver but there will also be some feel and peak height changes there. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* / Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review --