Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Bryson extorted?

I have to say, with some knowledge in the relevant subject matter (but no firsthand knowledge of this specific situation whatsoever), Bryson’s explanation rings true - especially since Mr. Schy admits he attempted to extort Bryson for $2 million when things went sideways earlier this month.  

I am going to make some educated guesses and express some opinions.  But I acknowledge facts could prove me wrong   Anyway …

I applaud DeChambeau for handling his business, including his charitable giving, professionally and with quality advisors to try to ensure long-term viability and success.

A non-recourse loan does not subject a borrower to liability beyond the amount of collateral provided.   It is probable that only the assets of the proposed tour would have secured the loan.  Mr. Schy would not have had personal liability.   The tour assets would likely have little financial value beyond name recognition and goodwill, but the collateral likely would have included rights to Bryson’s father’s name and likeness.  One can understand why DeChambeau would want to have the ability (on several levels) to reclaim that name had the tour not succeeded, as it seems it did not.  That is probably why a loan was proposed rather than an outright gift  

This all sounds generous on DeChameau’s part.   It seems a shame it did not work out, and that it’s now in the press.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042