Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got a silly question for something a little trivial

sai-jin

Have you guys noticed at times on the take away, your irons and even putter are pressed to the turn a little hard and you get that jerked / pulled take away that's not smooth? As if the sole is a little glued to the turf?

What's the cause of that and how to avoid it?

Lastly, imagine you have a great back swing and a great follow through, right knee is flexed, no reverse pivots, etc ... but then... you on and off hit is a tiny itsy bitsy fat (ball still flies, just not perfect)...

what could be the cause?

I'm asking these 2 questions at the same time because for me I notice it when my legs are a little tired and I noticed that on chips, my right knee got in the way of my club.

So could it be that I bent my knees a little bit more during the swing or on address without me realizing it?

In the last few years, I have developed the ability to stop my swing. Just last week, I stopped it after I started the downswing. Granted, I almost pulled a muscle but I did it nonetheless.

So, on the putts, if my putter hangs going back. I stop, back away, walk back up and try again.

On my irons, if it hangs, on the grass, I do the same thing. But, mostly, I don't really sole my club on full shots.

My fat shots are usually caused by my eyes (not my head) moving off the ball in the backswing. It is a problem I fight a lot.

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

It is so hard to tell what is causing a fat shot without actually seeing the swing. I think most of the golf pros on here would tell you that it could be many faults and it would be counterproductive to try and fix something that might not be wrong. If you are set against getting a lesson get somebody to video you. you might be able to spot the problem yourself. You can also look in the mirror. I've been working on a swing change for a few months and slow mo mirror swings checking set up, plane, etc. are helpful.

It could also be the most simple thing of all. Check your ball position. For many fat shots are caused by nothing more than letting your ball position drift a little to far forward.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Archived