Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

Lucky enough to test these last year so to the 4 lucky people that get picked all I can say is you won’t be disappointed. 
if I could I test them again, but here’s the thing I don’t need to and doubt I would for years to come that’s how good they are, hands down the best rain gear I’ve owned and I been through all the usual suspects. They just don’t play like normal rain gear, the jacket is my everyday lightweight and the pants are just like any other golf pants. 

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

I didn't think of that John.  But once the rain stops are the pants too hot to play in?  Its something to definitely check out as part of the testing.

Awesome opportunity for those who dare to challenge the elements while playing golf, thanks to the MGS staff and Galway Bay.

I have a couple sets of Galway Bay rain suits and they keep you both warm and dry while playing in adverse weather.

Best to all who apply and are selected.

Looking forward to seeing their comments and reviews.

I have my set days I play through the week, rain or not, so rain gear is a must for me! The jacket I have now is ok but definitely restrictive so it'd be awesome to see if this is as good as their description. 

Living on Vancouver Island should put this rain gear to a real test! Rain from April to June with winds up to 30 mph has made many brands fail their tests. Good luck to all.

"do you love playing golf  in the rain" No

But I do enjoy playing golf no matter what the condition are. 

In Wyoming we can have all four seasons in a day and if you are out on the golf course and it decides to rain or snow a good set of light weight water proof clothing is a must to keep in the bag.  I was hunting with a weather man a few years ago and the rain was really coming down he got on his weather app on his phone and got really bummed because he said that the way that the radar looked that it was going to rain all day.  So I asked him if that was his professional opinion as a weatherman? To which he said yes.   I said good we'll be hunting again within the hour.  He didn't look happy with me until 45 minutes later when the sun was out and the ground started drying.  I Wyoming always plan for the opposite of what the weatherman says.  

I would like to try out this gear, I play in a tournament (Kelly Open) every year for the past 10 years. And for some reason it seems to rain on this particular day. Our group always plays the entire 18 holes and I have gone through all kinds of rain gear! It monsoons sometimes but they let us finish the round, unless it starts to lightning & thunder, then we have to wait at one of the designated areas until they sound the horn to continue. By the end of the round whatever rain gear I am wearing is soaked through, and so our my clothes. LOL My wife looks at me and just shakes her head!!

Living on the Oregon Coast, good rain gear is a necessary piece of equipment.  Look forward to trying this out if selected.

It will be tested for Florida and NY ( Hot and Cold ) if I get selected 🙂  As a walker, I  should have one in the bag even though I use unbrella but it's useless when it's a windy day.

Cheers!

Good luck! I could use this today in San Diego, though 95% of the time, rain gear would be waisted on me. I do like the look of the jacket and pants.

Love to test that gear here in Florida to see if it is breathable on those warm rainy days, let alone playing through some of those pop up showers and storms we get due to the ocean breezes.

1 hour ago, GolferDad66 said:

I didn't think of that John.  But once the rain stops are the pants too hot to play in?  Its something to definitely check out as part of the testing.

Nope lightweight and just like any other golf pants with the benefit of being totally waterproof 

I walk and play year round here in Massachusetts, rain gear is always needed. Would love the opportunity to give these a thorough test. 

Would be great to try out this gear. Heard good things about Galway Bay. Always felt constricted playing in the rain so this would be awesome.

Thanks Galway Bay and MGS for the chance to stay dry!

Jim

8 hours ago, newallen said:

Florida rain comes in sheets and winds that push rain in to a cart sideways, there is no escaping it when it comes down hard. I have not found any gear that keeps me warm and dry all by itself before and would love to test it here in Southeastern Florida.

April in Ireland or Easier Sstes gives this opportunity to bag the impressive “Rain Gear” in the bass section of our podcast!

Hurray to US,, because the only way to do  a better deal 

Sign this Irishman up to model and test the Galway golfwear on the rainy, damp Western Pa links.

Here in Dover, unexpected downpours or mist sometimes soaks you to the bone. Testing a new set would be great; I wear rain pants a lot but need a comfortable jacket to wear any time of the year.

As someone who plays a lot in Michigan in either sun, rain or snow, I’d love to try these out!!   Thanks again for the opportunity!!

This Test is now closed to further comments.