Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,614 signups
Equipment Type: Driver Shaft
Vendor: AutoFlex

Introduction

1.jpg

The world of premium golf shafts is extensive and complicated. As the emphasis on proper fittings in golf has grown, so has the arrival of more competitors. One such company is Autoflex.

Who Is Autoflex?

Established in 2009 in Korea, Autoflex now is available in more than 40 countries. They promote their Korea Hidden Technology made by Dumina Designs which includes their patented combination of high-quality carbon fiber and additional proprietary materials to create a lightweight shaft with less distortion. 

Autoflex bucks the concept of traditional flexes and goes with a system that is more based on driver clubhead speed with six different shafts to match a golfer's swing.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

For this testing opportunity, we are selecting eight golfers to test, review and keep a new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft. 

The new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft comes in five colors and is their first shaft to include the seconnd generation of Korea Hidden Technology. With a new tip section for enhanced performance, AutoFlex claims this is the future of driver shafts. 

We want you to put these claims to the test. Tell us how they perform and give us cold hard data to show how they stack up against your gamer driver shaft. Are these really the future of what driver shafts will be? 

Want to be our next tester for the new AutoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft?

2.jpg

• Registration closes April 18.
  • Testers will be announced on the Forum April 23.
  • Testing opportunity open to golfers worldwide.
  • Must be a registered Forum member to be considered for selection.

219 Comments

Of all the golf shafts out there this one is probably the most intriguing since everyone says it's nothing like anything else out there.  Would love to give this a try and see how it compares to the more traditional shafts I've played my entire life.  Will definitely be following this test to see the results!

Looking forward to this test. Thank you to AutoFlex and MGS for offering this opportunity to members. 

I’ve been on a unique journey trying to find the right shaft as I increase swing speed. I’m using a Swing Caddie SC4 both ant home and out on the course to gather real data points and to go along with what I feel throughout the swing. 
Game swing speed hovers around 106 mph, but I can get after it and hit up to 118 mph. The additional speed typically pushes my current shaft outside its limits.

Would be great to see if these shafts provide a tighter dispersion across a range of swing speeds that would help most golfers that don’t swing the exact same every time. 

Curious how these might compare with the Accra FX 3.0 140 M0. Hmmm…

This is remarkable - huge score for the forum staff. Thanks autoflex for entrusting us with this task. I know we’ve had informal reviews of earlier iterations of these shafts. I gamed one for a season and am anxious to see what improvements have been made.

Good luck to our applicants

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

This is remarkable - huge score for the forum staff. Thanks autoflex for entrusting us with this task. I know we’ve had informal reviews of earlier iterations of these shafts. I gamed one for a season and am anxious to see what improvements have been made.

Good luck to our applicants

Thanks for the support! As a distributor of the Autoflex brand, I am curious and excited to build the Autoflex brand more and more in the US market. What better way to start than with MGS, right!!!

This should be a great test! Would love to compare this to my LA Golf DJ shaft and “Otto Phlex” Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue. Good luck to everyone!

Wow - those are beautiful!

I know just looking down on that awesome-looking shaft, I would gain 5 yards in distance because I like the looks so much! 🤣

If it performs as good as it looks, it will be a proven winner and one to have in your bag.

Would love to try the autoflex shaft to see if the hype is real.  Have had limited use hitting one and it wasnt to my specs so not a fair assessment.

This is such a unique test! I look forward to seeing how it goes. I’d love the chance to see how the numbers stack up with this shaft and my current gamer (Tensei Orange 55) and against other shafts I’ve tried in recent years. Best of luck to everyone!

Looking forward to the test results and if I'm selected to be one of the testers, that would be great! I've been thinking of trying out different driver shafts soon anyways.

I have worked at D'Lance  here in the Denver area, and while they have these shafts available to customers, I have never tested one.  Driving the ball is one of my strongest suits and I can still keep up with most of the young guns, so I would love to give this shaft a fair assessment. 

Pleeeeeez:

I am a 72 y.o. retired academic cardiologist/clinical scientist,  club junkie,  still playing to 8.5 index at the very challenging LaPaloma CC, recent host of the PGA Champions Tour Cologuard Classic.  I trialed the Autoflex SF505 with resultant distance and dispersion improvement at a recent Titleist outdoor fitting but deferred on upgrading due to $$$$.  

I then read one can nearly duplicate Autoflex-like results by going down at least 10Gm in shaft weight and down one flex category. So I then replaced the Alta CB 55 R in my Ping G430 Max with a 40 Gm Alta Distanza noting an immediate gain of 3 mph clubhead speed (same guy, same swing!) and also now only rarely miss a fairway.  

I am hoping you'll pick me to provide an objective, detailed  scientific assessment of the Autoflex shaft which I can directly compare with the above experiences.  On course data will be collected with Shotscope V5 and range data with our hardwired Toptracer range and/or personal Voice Caddie launch monitor.  

amazing opportunity for the winners selected! 

I myself am looking to replace my shaft, as when I got fitted originally - my swing speed was alot slower and i didn't take lessons. Wondering if the Autoflex would be good for people with slower swing speeds (90-100mph) I'd like to try the 405x and 505!

I've been looking at hzrds, fujikura, graphite design and as if i thought it couldn't get any more confusing haha. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.