Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,584 signups
Equipment Type: Irons - Build
Vendor: Toura Golf

Testers Wanted

FeatureToura.jpg

Calling all club builders! We have a very special testing opportunity for you! For many, it is more than just getting on the course and playing, but honing a craft and taking pride in installing and building each club in your bag. Those who want to customize each part of their golf clubs and make their bag stand out for the efforts they put into the build of their golf clubs.

About Toura Golf

Toura Golf was created out of the passion for golf club building. In search of a blank head with no logo, founder Jon found little to no options. So he decided to take matters into his own hands. He created Toura Golf for those like him who love to build their own golf clubs and have an appreciation for a pure forged product that stands out by not standing out. 

The Canadian company is known for their minimalist designs and producing limited quantities of heads as well as some one of a kind models. With wedges, putters, and full iron heads all available for purchase, Toura Golf is a club builder's dream. 

For those who prefer their clubs pre-built, Toura does offer a selection of shafts and grips in which a complete set can be purchased.

Toura3.jpg

H2: What Is Being Tested?

We are searching for four golfers to build, test, review, and keep a set of Toura Golf Irons. The option for shafts (True Temper S300) and grips will be included, however, for those who want to use non-standard shafts, they have the option to purchase and install their own! 

This testing opportunity is equally about the build process as it is the performance of the irons. We want to know how they perform after the build, but want to hear and see the build process as they are done. 

Are you a club-building enthusiast and want to take part in a unique testing experience?

Toura2.jpg

*Testing opportunity open to right-hand golfers in North America.

*Registration closes April 23

*Testers will be announced on the Forum April 30

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

159 Comments

What a great opportunity.

Love tinkering with my clubs and looking forward to building my first set since some I built via Golfworks a couple decades ago. 

So tempted to sign up for this.  Not sure I could give this review fair justice though.  Testing a single club is doable, but the process of deciding how I want the build to go, building, then testing clubs that I currently have no place playing in my bag is more than I can take on right now.  

I'd love to see what the lucky picks wind up putting together for themselves.  What a great opportunity!  Good luck testers!

HAHAHAHAHAHHA, Yes, I give it a go. They do have Lefty components. Sounds like a great way to get the hobby off the ground. If you want ill even do videos of the assembly and testing

I have always re-shafted my clubs whether it was steel or graphite replacements. Also in the years past , I have built 3 set of irons . My favorite build was using Maltby Forged CB irons (4-GW) with (S) Aerotech steel fiber I95 shafts fitted with GP MCC plus 4 grips , I always swing weight all of my irons at D4.  I still pull them out of the box and look at them with admiration or take them to the range . They will probably always be in the box in my garage 😊

I kind of wish I was into doing builds myself for this test! This sounds like an incredible fun and interesting test. I would like to learn more about completing independent builds and the tools needed to do so.

I am still new to club building and figuring out my own style of assembly, so this would be another opportunity to do that and configure a playable set that I might just decide to game for a while. Loving the platform.

2 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

I'd love to know more about the molds used, and what head shapes these are modeled after.  Very interested.

I would love to swing the finished product, but if I'm helping build it I'm sure the lie would be 30° off, lines would be zig zagged and all outta place, and the shaft would have a 90° angle in it🤔

Thanks for the opportunity, as an Econometrician I'd love to analyze the statistical differences between the irons I've built. I've built a new set of MB blades every year and test with custom shafts and grips regularly. Right now I'm using heavy graphite shafts and textured grips on all my 241 irons and PXG wedges that I've bent to my own loft/lie specifications with my Golf Mechanix machines.

Now THIS is my kind of test!! I’ll photo every single step. I have a dozen different shaft and grip options to choose from. I’m thinking of a set of Modus3 105 Stiff and Golf Pride MCC Plus4’s I have sitting in my shop. Oh…..pick me, pick me, pick me!!! 

I love building clubs. I cant wait to see the creativity that people show with their builds as well as the performance of the irons!

What an awesome opportunity. I can mow my lawn, change my oil, & put together a shelf of two, but no way I'd trust myself to try and do this without the help of a professional. Best of luck everyone this will be a fun one to watch from the sidelines.

I started building clubs in the last century with Golfsmith and their Snake Eyes clubs. I have since built Acers for several years and now am on and very happy with Maltby from Golfworks. I stopped building drivers about a decade ago when I felt the OEM's became clearly superior. I still build my irons and wedges.

As a blade lover, these look absolutely incredible and I would LOVE to be selected to test a full set of them! Another great opportunity from MyGolfSpy and another builder out there, you are all wonderful for this!

On 4/18/2024 at 5:55 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

These are also pretty special irons that are just not being released. They are a pure blank forged iron and look so clean.

For those curious I will link both mine and @Josh Parker club build we did with our own wedges and irons form them.

I'm new here, but not not new to golf or club building! I started in my dad's garage decades ago and built many clubs over the years, starting with persimmon woods! Remember them? I still have a set of forged blades I built in 1986 (1 through SW) with S300s. I'd love to build a set of modern irons for testing sometime.

I'd love to be a part of this since I'm really in need of new irons but the system won't accept my photos so I can complete my profile

i have built several sets of clubs over the years and just built Takoma clubs  would like to see the comparison between the clubs

Oh my! What an opportunity!never having done one,  I can’t think of a better way to link your mind and body to the ball than doing your own build. Awesome! 

I have been building clubs for almost 40 years. Being a transplant 30 years ago from Canada, I  have a soft spot for Toura. Would love to build and test these unique  heads. I world probably use a set of UST Recoil  

shafts I have in the shop. It’s been a minute since I have built a complete set that had my name on it. Attached a couple of shots of recent builds. 

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

Play Maltby or Wishon blades.  Both sets could be replaced.  Been building and/or modifying all clubs for 20+ years.  Head weight, shaft, grip weight, swing weight or MOI, spine matched.

Fun stuff

These look like some special blades... excited to see the reviews.

I've grown to appreciate the logos on things for brand awareness, but they are indeed suuuuperrrr clean. 

On 4/20/2024 at 1:31 PM, McGolf said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA, Yes, I give it a go. They do have Lefty components. Sounds like a great way to get the hobby off the ground. If you want ill even do videos of the assembly and testing

Oh my goodness, I just put two and two together! I’ve seen you on YouTube. You actually gave me the idea of the Benzomatic Mini Torch. Made my life so much easier. Thank you!

This Test is now closed to further comments.