Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

Just got mine last week!  Replacement for an older G3.  Good luck testers!

Oh, and a word of caution:  take care inserting tracking sensors -- one of mine twisted off leaving the post embedded in the grip.

I have my H4 and recently received my V5 at their great deal. I already have a round with it and will try and share my thoughts after a few more in the member review.

I did smell this one coming as MGS has been asked to test Shot Scope in the past.  If you haven't tried a tracking device in the past the time really is now.  I don't always use my tracking anymore but I do use it some just to be sure I'm where I think that I am or when I change a piece of equipment for comparison's sake. 

I'm considering this upgrade from my V3 so will be following.  Thanks to the mods and the folks at shotscope and good luck to those who apply.  Great opportunity to test an outstanding product.  

2 hours ago, CharlieGrisham said:

I’ve been an Arccos subscriber for years, paying the fees gets old. I’m interested in a new system, but the cost to sample is so high this seems like a good opportunity.  Either way, I’ll be following 

I have just recently started keep my stats on my score, GIR, FIR and putts.  Was comparing them to one of the leaders at the Heritage at HHI.  Both of us FIR:  13/14.  GIR; his 8/18, mine 10/18.  Putts; his 21, mine 40.  No wonder his shot 66 and I shot a 92.  Think this might help point me in the right direction towards getting my game back on track.  With my age, 77 and medical issues, this would be a big help to me.  I currently use my Bushnell Tour XE for yardage effectively, but any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for any consideration.  

I currently don’t have a golf watch. I go back and forth between using an app or or and the only app I’ve used is called Golfshot. It’s okay, not great not horrible. I don’t subscribe to premium Golfshot so I don’t get as good of features. I’ve always wanted to test out a watch, but I didn’t want to pay $200+ just to see if I like it or not. I’d love to be a part of this test!

Another great testing opportunity from MGS, please take the time to review/read How to be a tester article, great information and direction from the admin group. 

Good luck to the testers that will be selected.

I’m currently using USGA gps, due to my laser finder not finding anymore. 
Weird this test came up as I’ve been researching Laser or Watch for the last few weeks. 
Would love to test this as I’m a walker and anything that simplifies the game like a watch would be interesting plus I’m a stat’s guy as I’m a believer that stat’s really help playing controlled golf. 
Plus the only test I was picked for got screwed up by the supply company not supplying. And that was not cool of them, but Golf Spy knows about it and hopefully they have talked to the company in question. 

I currently use a laser, but I've wondered about the advantages/differences between a GPS and a laser.  It'd be interesting to compare the two and see which works better for me in actual situations on the course.

I currently use the shotscope 2nd version. Which is a bit dated now. Looking to see how the next evolution of shotscope watch compares.

Would love to test as I have been using laser for years.  Interested in new technology.  Spring has sprung, back on the course!

Have been using Blue Tees for a while now and Bushnell before that, never thought about a watch. The different opportunities shot scope brings sound interesting. Good luck to all....

I’d love to compare this straight up with Arccos! Who doesn’t want accurate data without the ball and chain of a yearly membership? Best of luck to the testers selected!

Currently using 18 birdies on iPhone along with a standard rangefinder. With the goal this year of simplifying the game and using the middle of the green as the primary target, I have been looking into golf watches/tracking systems to replace the range finder. I think this would be an awesome opportunity and would love to test and review.

Ahh man, and to think I am more than likely getting a Shotscope in the next couple of months. The stars have aligned perfectly for me to learn from the future testers about the new features before my purchase! Good luck to everyone that applies! And know you have a potential future buyer of the product watching your test 👀

I think that this would be a cool test. Right now both my son an I are running the Garmin s42.  I'm interested in seeing the differences for better or worse.  Also rather a non tech person can get along with it, (ease of operation) if you will since I'm about as tech savvy as a rock

What a great opportunity !  I have been using V1 for several years.  Looking to switch when my current sub expires.  I pay a ton of golf and this would be perfect timing for the stat junkie that I am.  I find the graphics and chart on V1 to clunky to be really useful, looking for a different interface and this one is on my short list.

Very interested in one of these.  I have been looking for something similar. They look pretty slick!

Interested in how this goes. I use the Grint for my GPS and always double check it with the range finder. I am hoping to be able to ditch the range finder one day for one less thing in my bag. 

Love to give this a try.  I've read practically every watch and GPS type review.  A few in my golfing group wear watches and I've felt a tinge a jealousy as they reviewed holes with specific shots and distances. 

Thanks for the opportunity. 

Have since Christmas great for tracking your iron play. Best of luck to those who've entered for testing. Great interface on watch though its a bit light on the wrist not a bad thing.

I currently use a Skycaddie LX5 as my on-course GPS watch, and Arcos Smart Sensors to track shots for club distances, etc. I'd like to evaluate the Shot Scope V5 to simplify and have everything on a single platform. Shot Scope has come a long way in the last few years, and may now be the preferred solution for most amateur golfers because it accomplishes both requirements via the V5.     

This Test is now closed to further comments.