Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,492 signups
Equipment Type: Bags and Carts
Vendor: Bag Boy

Testers Wanted!

image.png
The MyGolfSpy Forum staff continually work to bring new and different testing opportunities to our Forum members. This Bag Boy test is an evolution of a prior test—with a twist. 

About The Testing Opportunity 

Bag Boy offers products that are marketed to work together for a more seamless experience. This includes their cart and bags that have integrated Top-Lok technology. This technology is meant to hold and secure the bag in place to avoid that annoying shifting and sliding which some bags have a tendency to do during a round. 

For two fortunate testers, they will receive their choice of a golf bag and Nitron Auto-Open push cart. While the Nitron push cart was reviewed last year and received favorable grades, the combination of the two will make for a compelling test to see how the Bag Boy technology functions across their products. 

4.jpg

Travel bags 

The second part of this member testing opportunity is for those who have travel plans on their upcoming calendars. We are searching for two golfers who have a golf trip planned within the next six weeks and are willing to put a new travel bag to the test. We want testers to put these travel bags through the rigors of packing, transporting and, of course, the inevitable airport mayhem. 

All of this will culminate in a review that will answer how much room these bags have, how they held up, how your golf clubs fit and were protected during travel, as well as their size, weight and feel. 

Sound like a member test you are interested in taking part in? 

As with all member testing opportunities, members who are selected get to test, review and keep the products they are reviewing. 

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America. 
*Registration ends May 22. 
*Testers will be announced on the Forum May 28

123 Comments

I’ve been a hard case truther for travel and stand by it. But storage, weight and room in vehicle is really tested with a hard case. It’ll be interesting to see how these travel bags stacks up!

Been looking to get a Push cart for awhile just haven’t found one I like, wanting to walk the golf courses this season and pretty sure this would be amazing to try, appreciate the opportunity good luck everyone!! 

Just the Right time , I travel about 3-4 a year .Currently playing twice a week.  Been staying consistent with my cliqgear 4.0 , I enjoy walking as much as possible . Interested in testing against current equipment .

Good Luck to Everybody , looking forward to the results 

Interesting test since some bags do not fit adequately on some push carts.  My bag fits adequately on my push cart, but I tried one of my son's bags on it and it kept slipping off.  With mine, the top strap is awkward to get on, but once on it holds the bag in place very well.  Curious to see a bag-cart combo that was designed together and how it might work more efficiently.

I have never used a push cart, but have been wanting to get back into walking the course and think this would be a great way to do that. I have looked at the Bag Boys, Clicgear and the Sun Mountain Speed carts and will continue to do more research to see what might be best for me and my game. This would also help me out a ton on my research 😜

Golf bags are like fly fishing vests, I cannot get enough of them! I would love to put the cart bag on my MGI Zip Navigator and see how it fares. I am on the course a minimum of 3 times a week so it would certainly get a workout.

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Excited to have Bag Boy back for another member testing opportunity this year. 

Two great ... well technically three great products available to test, review and keep for four fortunate members of our awesome community. 

Want to learn more about how to improve your chances at being selected? Go here!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/

And remember, members can only do one test at a time and for most only get the chance to participate in one testing opportunity per season! (hint hint to all those on tests currently... don't sign up... it looks greedy 😉 )

Thanks MGS for another great opportunity!  

My Clicgear 4.0 just started falling apart on me, my brake line snapped, and a screw that holds the wheel axle fell off and got lost.  I’m a walker, hopefully I get to test this setup!  Thank you.

This would actually be amazing, 2 weeks ago my push cart was stolen from the trunk of my car and I have been looking for another one.

I feel I get way too excited for golf things like a new push cart that opens up automatically. Just an awesome feat of engineering. Good luck everyone!

I have been looking at new bags so this would be awesome.  Also interested in the cart. I've been using a quad for quite a few years due to needing a small collapsed size to fit in my MGB.  However it seems that the quad with it's slightly smaller wheels doesn't push quite as easily as some of the other 3 wheel carts I've pushed.  I understand a lot of the new carts collapse down nicely so if it was possible to get the easy pushing and small collapsed size that would be great.

Thanks for another great test.

Jim.

What a great testing opportunity! Just switched to a cart bag for my BagBoy Quad XL pushcart, from a stand bag. The stand bag just didn't fit right and the twisting of the bags does drive you nuts after a while! It will be interesting to see if BagBoy really remedied with their Top Lok Technology!⛳

I currently use a Golf Glove travel bag.  It is a little tight.  Would like to try the Bag Boy for my trip in June.

Love the Bagboy Nitron i have, but switched to the Ping DLX cart bag due to issues I had with my bag boy bag. Would love to test updated products to see if those issues have been corrected. 

Also traveling to in June and would love to compare the current old hardsided travel case i use to a new travel bag. Regardless this is great and will be looking for updates when the results come out.

I would enjoy the opportunity  to test these and give a fair review. Current bag is a ClicGear B3 which I have thoroughly enjoyed, but zipper quality is poor,(2 are inoperable). Sun Mountain Micro Cart has served me well but is in dire need of an upgrade. Well wishes to all.

I have used Sun Mountain bags for several years. I would love to test a Bag Boy to return to my very first bag and cart to compare with my older Sun Mountain bag.

Spoiler

IMG_0806.jpeg.e477893abfc579e91f4335235a41dd4a.jpeg

Would love to test the latest generation of golf carts since I'm using a very old second hand sun mountain pushcart.

Amazing opportunities! As someone who walks a ton of rounds, would love the opportunity but good luck everyone!

Traveling to Vegas and Boston in the next 6 weeks and planned on walking the course in both cities so either choice would be great for me! *fingers crossed* Good luck to everyone.

I have been using a much older Bag Boy model and it takes up a lot of room in the back of my SUV. Hopefully the Nitron is lighter and easier to remove and setup. I hope the bag has lots of pockets including a cooler pocket. 

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Excited to have Bag Boy back

Had a Bag Boy a few decades ago until my knucklehead friend ran into it with a motor cart.  I was dumb enough (lazy enough?) to leave it strapped to the bag while loaded on a cart.  Should have had an integrated connector back then!  Should be handy as I walk the 9s and ride the 18s.

PS- the guy has totaled 7-8 automobiles in his life including a drive-away.  You might have to be my age to know what that is.  So, I could have known better.

Really unfortunate on the time limit for the travel bag.  I'd love to try that, as we have a trip to Ireland coming up (so that should certainly test the airline "rigors"), but it's not until September.  Bummer.  We've got another trip planned as well to Minnesota, but it's a "driving trip".

This Test is now closed to further comments.