Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

This should be interesting to watch.  I'm curious how a more mass produced low torque putter from a bigger manufacturer will function.   Not going to lie it would be fun to see a head to head with another low torque putter....

I'd happily volunteer myself.... 😆😆😆 But alas, this fall doesn't leave much time for testing.   Good luck to those who enter.  Looking forward to reading the reviews.

I recently just bought a LAB DF3 putter after being a longtime Scotty fan. By reading all the articles about this PXG Allan putter, I think it will give LAB a run for their money and open the door for PXG in the putter game. Would love to test this and thank you for another opportunity MGS!! 

Very awesome. Had I not gone LAB a few months ago, this would have definitely been on my radar. Best of luck all!!

I have the LAB B2 and love what they are doing with the zero torque.  It’s nice to see other brands take notice and making their own offerings.  Excited to see the results on this one.  

Currently using a LAB, so wondering how this will compare. Excited for the opportunity to test.

I feel like an Allan should test the Allan putter :). Either way what a great test opportunity and this putter looks awesome.

I'll be watching this one for sure. Switched to a Battle Ready mallet a few years ago. Just wasn't for me and went back to a blade.

This should be a very interesting test, especially with the popularity of L.A.B. and other putter makers seemingly looking to potentially dip their toes in the Zero Torque/Lie Angle Balanced world. This is definitely the most pleasing to the eye design I have seen from a Zero Torque/ Lie Angle Balanced putter I have seen that will have actual retail availability.

If this performs similarly to L.A.B., not having this available at traditional retail seems like a big mistake by PXG. I know that is against PXG's business model though.

PXG announced the Allen Putter 30 days after I had already ordered a LAB DF3 (the LAB still hasn't been built). I would have chosen the DF3 over the new PXG anyways, but since I'm not a PXG hater (I'd sooner join the fan-boys) it just makes me wonder how I would have felt if PXG released a model that I would have preferred over the LAB.

Good luck to everyone who enters.

I just moved from a blade putter to a mallet but out of all of the putters I tested, I didn’t test a PXG despite them being my gamer irons. I would be interested in seeing if I made a mistake. 

I've had my eyes on the PXG brand for a while.

Given the chance to test the putter out, would be a dream come true!

This putter test will be a blast to watch.  PXG is solidly coming after the big names to be a contender in all facets of the game.  Good luck to all chosen to test - this will be neat to see how the pyramid face works with the balance technology.

I really love my current PXG putter!!! Would love to try this putter out and have wanted to since hearing about its Zero Torque Balance Technology.

I am in, I love the putter game. My friend's trash talk me about my long game, that ends after the first hole on the green!

I have been interested in this since I heard of it. Would love to directly compare this to my L.A.B. DF 2.1 Armlock to see how close they are. Good luck to everyone!

I’ve lurked on the site for a while, but haven’t jumped in and posted. Thus, I know it’s a long shot, but I would be really interested testing this putter. I’ve been following LAB putters for so long. I even drove like an hour and a half to a PGA superstore just to try one. Honestly…I didn’t love it. I ended up with a much cheaper Cleveland Frontline ISO. However, seeing the PXG Allan come out piqued my interest. Plus, following the LAB group on Facebook and watching the LAB Rats spit vitriol at PXG for daring to make a zero-torque putter has been a guilty pleasure of mine. I’d love to see the PXG in LAB’s revealer and I’d love to see a LAB in the PXG spinny tool torque revealer thingy. I’m sure there’s a more technical name, but me too stupid to know it. I’m sorry for such a long post, but please consider me for the Allan testing. I live 2 minutes from a practice green and could test it early and often—heck, I’d even live stream it if there’s any interest…viewer discretion advised. 

I’m very interested in a PXG putter. Have owned a set of PXGs from driver to wedges and still use the 0211 5 wood, but I’ve never tried their putters. Would love to test it out!

16 hours ago, NotScratchYet said:

I'm interested in this one.  I have followed this putter since its release and heard great things.  Seeing other companies try zero torque is good for the game. 

I look forward to reading about this one, as it may end on my golf budget list very soon.  Shoot, I think I will start walking more and just throw that cart money back for this one!

What an awesome opportunity to test / evaluate a trend setting PXG putter against my tried and true ole Odyssey putter. Can't wait to handle the feel, weight, the sound etc... I hope I'm chosen 

Very interested in this.  As someone who went through a very brief LAB experiment, albeit with an improper online fitting, I loved the idea of zero torque, I just couldnt bring myself to spend another 570 dollars to correct the bad fit.  (33 inch, 69 lie online), In person was 32.inch, 71 lie after the fact.  Would love to see how the PXG version compares, especially at the lower price point to get it spec'd properly.

This Test is now closed to further comments.