Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,273 signups
Equipment Type: Clothing
Vendor: RealGolfers

Testers Wanted: RealGolfers Apparel 

Screenshot 2023-08-26 10.16.29 AM.png

In recent years MyGolfSpy has seen many smaller brands and start up companies hit not only the golf club market, but also the golf apparel market. It can be hard to break through and separate from the field and even if a company manages to do that, they still need to make high quality clothing that fits, feels and lasts. 

Founded by Henry McGannon RealGolfers’ mission is to make the best golf shirts in the world accessible and affordable for everyone. 

They separate themselves by limiting restocking and saying “At RealGolfers, we like to limit restocking and prioritize frequent small product releases. This allows us to maintain a fresh and unique selection of designs, ensuring that our golfers always have access to uncommon and distinctive products”

Screenshot 2023-08-26 10.15.24 AM.png

With three current collections (golf shirt, golf hoodie and t-shirt) they provide golfers with options both on and off the golf course. 

For this testing opportunity we want four golfers to test, review and keep a RealGolfers golf polo and hoodie. 

Being a smaller apparel brand we want to know all the ins and outs of how items fit, feel and perform both on and off the course.

Want to be a tester for RealGolfers apparel? - Sign Up above!

* Open to USA and Canada golfers and both left and right handed availability!

* Registration closes Sept 20th with testers being announced on the forum Sept 26th

78 Comments

I love their story about never being able to afford expensive golf polos and wanting to make something more accessible and affordable.
10% going back to the First Tee to get the younger generation into golf too is a very worthy cause! 
Even if not picked, this brand now has my following and support! 

This calendar year, I have played in 100+ degrees, below 40 degrees, in rain, in snow, and even had to duck some hail. I think I could give the apparel a fair test.

ALWAYS INTERESTED in testing a new product.  Thanks to MGS for the opportunity to make my wife happy - meaning, she thinks that I already BUY too many golf shirts!!  🤣  If I can prove to her that I am just a "product tester," she will think I am participating in a worthy pursuit!!  😎

On 9/13/2023 at 2:45 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well Sub 70 closed so guess we can open this guy up a little early to those paying attention before the main announcement tomorrow!

Always looking for a good polo at a reasonable price.  Plus I wear sweatshirts all the time in the winter.  That's about the heaviest 'coat' I ever wear.  I'd definitely put these thru the paces.  😃

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I for sure think there is a rise new companies and brands coming out making great apparel. It helps when companies like Rhoback have come out of seemingly nowhere to being the favorites of many. I have yet to own a rhoback hoodie and in truth hope we (MyGolfSpy) is able to get on the apparel train because I would love some MGS merch (Henry if you're listening and watching this thread maybe we should have a little collab discussion)

Haha yeah I’m behind on the apparel front. I had to google Rhoback, but their stuff looks awesome. We have a local guy come up with a great golf Brand. “PLYR golf” so that’s probably my favorite right now. 

have you seen Collin landforce on TikTok? he shows where a lot of brands get their merch bags, clothing, etc I find it fascinating you can get into the game relatively easy 

(Yeah Henry, as a new member to MGS I too would love some merch) haha 

I’m new to MGS but the tests were something that attracted me to signing up after reading numerous posts non test related. I have yet to be given a test opportunity so In an effort to increase my chances of being chosen I’m going to give my perspective, opinion, review, or whatever it may be called after viewing their website.

At first glance they have some nice unique printed polos. Whats not unique is the printed polo approach. It seems to be booming amongst bespoke golf brands currently. What I did begin to like more and I don’t see often is the contrasting collars or color contrast on the collar neck material. That is something that I think really helps dress up a polo. 

Secondly the pricing is very friendly with some polos ranging in the $22-30 range. Thats something that attracts me as I’ve gotten tired of paying $60-80/polo. At the end of the day I know many of these brands manufacture overseas so it’s hard to stomach that cost all the time. 

With some polos on their site in the $20-30 range and then having the A tribe called golf line at $60 it’s hard to differentiate the reason for the premium given polos from both lines having the 90% polyester / 10% spandex blend. Seems from the details they are the same fibers for both kinds. Nevertheless I like the red contrast interior on the collar lining for the rhythm polo. 

On the Muni Collection I really like the collection of graphic tee’s they have and from reviewing pics I noticed their using Comfort Colors for the blanks. I’m a huge fan of that manufacturer and will say that any graphic tees I’ve bought from whatever companies that choose to use that brand of blanks have far and away stood the test of time, far better than other manufacturers. Kudos to you Real Golfers for going with them. 

On the branding front I like what I see but I’m unable to extract a story line that is being told through the brand. With a name like “Real Golfers” and the story line of the founder being about someone who could never afford expensive shirts I think it would benefit the brand to bring that to the forefront of the site. Allow the site to position that story and the continuation of it being told through the products being offered. This is something I think would really make the customer’s intrigued and allow for better conversion. Finding similar customers who can relate.

Lastly as someone who is an avid streetwear fan, sneaker head and loves golf but also has to adhere to dress code at times. I’ve found myself wanting to push the boundaries at my country club and other courses. Choosing to wear bucket hats, and Jordan golf shoes. Through this journey of trying to bring my approach to style onto the course I’ve noticed a blatant gap in the current golf brand offerings. What is this gap I’m speaking of? Well many courses or clubs that enforce dress code do allow mock neck tee’s. Few brands offer these mock necks (Nike and Bad Birdie) Out of those brands neither choose to or have realized that mock necks could also be graphic tees as well. Given this gap I’ve identified I’ve been curious to know whether or not the demand would be there. I know that I would certainly buy graphic mock necks knowing I’d get one over on the many courses that enforce dress code. Curious on what others think here?

My apologies if this was a lengthy post. I set out on it, aiming to deliver my raw unfiltered thoughts. I hope it helps the brand. And whether or not I’m chosen as a tester I’m def going to purchase a polo or two just simply based on price and what the brand is about. 

Perfect timing since fall is coming and also a great way to support up-start companies with good items for the golfer without sponsors! 😁

This Test is now closed to further comments.