Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,794 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Sub 70

Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Putters

Screenshot 2023-08-29 10.31.38 AM.png

Just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean there isn’t still ample time to test and review golf clubs. 

In MyGolfSpy Most Wanted Testing Sub 70 has performed well year over year and claimed third overall in 2023 Most Wanted Blade with the Sycamore 005 Wide Blade.  Bolstering an impressive lineup of 16 putters they have an option that will surely appeal to any golfer. 

Sub 70 says “Every Sub 70 putter is milled from a billet of 1045 carbon steel which leaves no welds, castings or inconsistencies in the head. This is the best way to make a putter head and you will not find a more solid, great feeling putter. Aesthetically each of the Sub 70 putters offers a clean, classic black and white color scheme with traditional alignment lines. We have purposefully made the heads slightly heavier than the industry standard as we feel it allows a more natural pendulum like putting stroke. “

Sub 70 also introduced a new graphite/steel putter shaft this year that offers more technology, feel and stability.

image.png

Add in these Sub 70 putters will often cost half of what major brands sell for and there would seem to be perfect balance of value and performance. 

This is where we need you!

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review and keep any putter from Sub 70’s lineup with the shaft preference of their choosing. 

What do you think? Up for testing what could be the best underrated putter you haven’t tried and providing your feedback along the way?

IMPORTANT! - Screenshot and/or share the Sub 70 Putter you want to test along with shaft and grip combo to be eligible for test! 

*Test is open to US only
*Available for Left and Right handed golfers. 
*Registration closes Sept 13 2023 and selections announced Sept 19 2023.

548 Comments

What an awesome opportunity! I’d love a chance to test this style out.  Still rocking a Ping Anser 2 from the 90’s!! Lol.   Thank you!

B0F152F4-95E2-4129-9985-1F7D51C5A1AF.png

Wow, I am PUMPED to see this test! I have heard great things about the Sub70 putters and have been contemplating putting one in the bag at the end of this season. This test will definitely help inform that decision! If chosen, I would go with the 005 wide blade center shaft putter with their graphite/steel shaft and a superstroke 1.0 flatso. Screenshot2023-09-07at8_12_30AM.png.68d66317c5372646a6413bcc2b435412.png

This is an amazing opportunity. I recently purchased some sub70 wedges and they are amazing. I am sure these putters will be the same and each person testing them will love them. Good luck everyone!!

My Scotty is new this year.  Distance control is much better, but having trouble getting the line.  Would like to stay with the mallet type design to replicate distance control but hope that the Sub 70 will help with alignment.

Sub 70 Sycamore 009 Mallet Putter

Right hand, Winn Grip,

Shaft Type: Double Bend/Offset Putter Steel Shaft - 813272(RH)

2 hours ago, RDel90 said:

IMG_8583.png

What an awesome opportunity for the forum members! Thanks MGS forum staff and Sub 70 and good luck to all who are applying! I've been a Sub70 fan for a while now!

Great choice on the AL-6 @RDel90! I did an unofficial review (link below) on the putter since it was my first time going armlock style. I rated it very highly and won't be taking it out of the bag anytime soon! I see there is now also a wide-blade armlock option in the AL-5, so if I decide to apply I think I'll go with that one so I can compare the two armlock putters against each other! 🙂 

I really like armlock putting but haven't had opportunity to try many putters out. I have had little success finding them and the few I've tried were either not comfortable or astronomically priced. I'm excited to have opportunity to try one out and give my impressions.  IMG_4131.png.5fb25bf328c488a51ba2be6857680b39.png

I have been looking at getting one of these putters recently and maybe this will be my shot. This is the one I would go with to put into my bag but was really hard to not pick the 007, as that is maybe the best looking putter available. 

image.png.4c9091988942ec70a0eff61117a43451.png

Life long short putter. Got on a Sam Putt Lab and got a blade recommendation. Very curious how to use an armlock putter and see if we can drop these last few strokes! 

Thanks for the chance!  I'd love to support an American startup!

Sub70Armlock-Sycamore.jpg

9 minutes ago, jbern said:

What an awesome opportunity for the forum members! Thanks MGS forum staff and Sub 70 and good luck to all who are applying! I've been a Sub70 fan for a while now!

Great choice on the AL-6 @RDel90! I did an unofficial review (link below) on the putter since it was my first time going armlock style. I rated it very highly and won't be taking it out of the bag anytime soon! I see there is now also a wide-blade armlock option in the AL-5, so if I decide to apply I think I'll go with that one so I can compare the two armlock putters against each other! 🙂 

I’ll check it out! I was using the PXG Gen 2 spitfire in an armlock config but at 37” length. Recently switched to Cobra 3D Agera armlock but it only came in 41”. Takes a little getting used to the additional length, but just feels a little too long. Love the feel off the face as Cobra uses the Sik face technology I’m only 5’6” so I think the 39” will be in the sweet spot. I missed that they had the AL-5 would probably prefer that wide blade. But for sake of testing vs the other AL I used, sticking with the mallet would be better direct comparison if selected.

Really pumped for this opportunity, as putting is most definitely adding quite a few strokes to my game nowadays. 

The added weight to the head for increased stability sounds about perfect for what I need in a putter - something that will cause those misses to be just a little less extreme. I'm hoping a putter like this can allow me to really create a consistent stroke, as I am a bigger guy and feel like lots of putters on the market are very light and create unpredictable strokes. I also went with the oversized grip because my hands are just a touch bigger than average. 

For my Sub 70 putter, I went with the mid mallet. I was between this and the Sub 70 008 Mallet, but I believe this would be a slightly more suitable option because it caters to those with a slight arc in their stroke (like mine). I also really enjoy the premise of having a putter with an alignment line that contrasts the putter's color - currently, I have a steel colored putter with a blue line; it doesn't really provide all of the help that I probably need.

Excited to hear all about these putters and to potentially get the opportunity to test one and provide feedback to the community!

image.png.2d37a409028483aa480600670a82f731.png

Another awesome opportunity! Good luck everyone!
So many different options, and they all look really cool! The mid-mallets look really interesting to me, but the 20° of toe hang on the 003 single bend would probably suit me best. Have 40° of toe hang currently, and think 20° less would help me square the face up better at impact.

Sycamore 003 Mallet
Sub70 Graphite/Steel Single Bend shaft
Garsen Max grip
35"

Edit: I think I intended to select the Single Bend/No Offset shaft
"Toe Hang With Single Bend Shaft 20 Degrees

Toe Hang With Double Bend Shaft 0 Degrees (Face Balanced)"

image.png.3ed5abea5376016c3e7dd2f4df6a6d48.png

I would enjoy the Sub 70 Sycamore 001 FN Putter with Midsize Winn Grip, Black Steel Shaft, 35"... (I prefer a flatter lie as I keep my hands low).

2023-09-07_9-38-32.png.914bf5b4d337fac20780c8118c50c175.png

I would love to try this in a LH version. I have such a hard time being able to try LH anything, due to limited stock. No one shows the lefties love, lol!

Screenshot_20230907_064301_Chrome.jpg

This Test is now closed to further comments.