Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nippon Modus3 120

Anyone gaming Nippon Modus3 120's?

I'm currently hitting Nippon NS Pro 1150GH Tour stiff flex. I'm looking at Modus3 120 X flex or possibly soft stepping the X flex, my driver swing speed is around 105 mph and when hitting a 6 iron (with Modus3 120 X flex) in the launch monitor at the local golf superstore here in Canada it was around 87 mph. The X flex didn't seem too stiff. I should point out that I have a quick transition. I'll attach a pic of the launch monitor numbers (disregard the “7 iron” it was actually a 6 iron)

Looking forward to your input

IMG_0556.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Launch seems to be a little high, with a 6 iron. I'm not saying you have to be tour average, but tour average is 14* of launch at 92. With the slightly slower swing speed in order to achieve distance you would need to bring that up. But there are some swings in there that are 21*. I have always found for myself the 120 X to play a lot softer than a typical X

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

The 120s are one of my favorite shafts. Other than kbs $ taper they are some of the best feeling and performing shafts I tried.

Land angle looks pretty good as does peak height. The spin seems pretty low for a 6i though...what club was this?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've found the S and X to play a little soft to flext in the 120s, but the TX is an absolute beast and only for very aggressive swingers. I think you would be fine in the stock X, and I wouldn't worry about soft stepping them. You can always do that later if you don't like them at full length.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

The 120s are one of my favorite shafts. Other than kbs $ taper they are some of the best feeling and performing shafts I tried.

Land angle looks pretty good as does peak height. The spin seems pretty low for a 6i though...what club was this?

It was a Mizuno JPX 900 forged

Mizuno JPX 900 forged

It was a Mizuno JPX 900 forged

Interesting. I would have expected to see something at least 1000-1500 spin with that club. The peak height and decent angle would make me think yiubshoukd be able to hold greens but the spin has me wondering.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I played the 120'sin my Srixon 765/965 set last year. I loved the way they played. I've since moved on to the 125 in the Titleist, mostly because I wanted them to feel like the C-tapers as far as weight. Which I learned to love in my Miura's.

I played the 120'sin my Srixon 765/965 set last year. I loved the way they played. I've since moved on to the 125 in the Titleist, mostly because I wanted them to feel like the C-tapers as far as weight. Which I learned to love in my Miura's.

why did you go to the 125's instead of going back to the C Taper's?

Archived