Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Regular grip on a CB putter

Arlarson

If there is a difference in the weight of the grips, then you will be impacting the swing weight.  Also, you mention counterbalance grip - sometimes the counterbalance is in the top end of the shaft, so in that case it would depend on whether you were leaving that in, or removing it.  Some people are more effected by swing weight than others, so that would play into your question of changing the way it plays.  As with quite a few things, "Your Mileage May Vary".

There are a couple of swing weight calculators available on line, so you can check that yourself.  You will need an accurate scale that will measure in either grams or ounces (kitchen or postage scale will work), and a tape measure (or yard stick) to measure from the balance point to the end of the grip.

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

You never know. I’d experiment with your normal grip. The putter may feel really heavy but maybe it will feel just right. Is the putter head designed to be counter balanced? If not maybe changing grips won’t have a major effect. Typically heavier putters help with short putts. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 12/27/2020 at 5:10 AM, Arlarson said:

Which style of putter did you get ?

Just got a Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft putter for Christmas in 34" but it has the stock counterbalance grip on it and I don't like large grips so I am wanting to put a Grip master traditional style grip on it. Is this going to change the way it plays?

Sent from my moto g power using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a Black Lab BL-7 with a head weight of 375g. The first grip I had was one of those Winn 15" grips, which was OK, but I didn't really putt well with it. I went to a SS 5.0, The head felt real heavy, and I started having trouble with the shorter putts. I just put on a SS Tour 3.0 with the 50g countercore weight. Huge positive difference in feel and control.

I would try it with the grip you like, and add a counter weight if the head seems too heavy.

Cobra F8 Driver - UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F3

Cobra Speedzone 3W - Fujikura Pro 53 R

Cobra F9 5-6 Fwy - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6-R

Mizuno MC Fli-Hi 4H - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919F 6-GW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919 SW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Vega Alcor 60 LW - KBS Tour 105 (S)

Bettinardi SS3C