Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putters with no alignment aid or a dot

jelimS

I built an Odyssey Works Versa 1 putter with a head I bought online. It had no alignment, which according to the company, did not exist. I also spoke with a golf distributor that said they did exist in other Odyssey models. I sold it not ever knowing if it was a counterfeit or not. I was a good putter,too.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently switched back to a blade, PIng Anser PLD from an Odyssey 11s. Both no alignment lines and the Ping in all black looks great. Performance and feel with the Ping are best Ive had. I also have the 2014 Wilson 8802 anniversary, which is naked and only cost around AUD200 when I bought it. I’m a no alignment putter, the other one I have is an Odyssey Metal X Milled 6, also naked and I found that on eBay.  

• Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS w Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 
  • 2H: Srixon ZX w Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 
  • 4H: Srixon ZX w Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 
  • Irons: XXIO X 12 5-PW w N.S. Pro 950GH Neo DST
  • Wedges: Cobra King 52, 56, 60
  • Putter: Ping Anser PLD
  • Ball: Chrome Soft

This may not be under your price cap (sorry) but I think the most elegantly simple dot only putter was the Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, Jcosta said:

I look at the hole when I putt. Problem solved. No distractions with dots, lines or anything else related to the putter head 😉

i putt heads up as well, usually looking at my line or an intermediate target, not the hole. As a right eye dominant right hander, I find a single dot useful to line up the putt before I go heads up and let ‘er rip.

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

• 2 weeks later...

I did an Edel putter fitting at a local small dealer. The process demonstrates how the alignment sight lines influences your aim. IIRC they have 7 choices, and you can buy the package of 7 for around $275 if you like to tinker.  I aligned the purest with no lines. It was 6 weeks till delivery of the putter. In the Interim I just used a Sharpie to black out the line on my TaylorMade putter. It noticeably improved my make percentage. When my Edel came, I took to it like a fish to water. I highly recommend their fitting process even if you ultimately choose another putter. The tendencies you have and the the putter style you should choose are all learned in the process.