Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Are we getting fit wrong? Crossfield thinks its a good possibility.

GolfSpy BOS

3 hours ago, Bob Pegram said:

Hwew is an example of a very thorough engineer's approach to golf: https://www.tutelman.com/golf/  It is the most thorough analysis of the golf swing, golf clubs, etc. I have ever seen. It is excellent.

... Nope. No. Never. Tutelman is certainly an engineer with very valuable information but makes me feel like I am back in college unsuccessfully cramming for an exam, waking up to my alarm and realizing my time would have been better spent watching an episode of the Twilte Zone.  🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... Nope. No. Never. Tutelman is certainly an engineer with very valuable information but makes me feel like I am back in college unsuccessfully cramming for an exam, waking up to my alarm and realizing my time would have been better spent watching an episode of the Twilte Zone.  🤪

Tutelman explains a lot of the more technical details in golf. For example, when photos are taken of pros hitting driver shots it looks like the shaft is bent WAY forward towards the ball before impact. However, that is a function of the way a digital camera operates. It takes each line of the photo sequentially so for each line farther down the photo there is a split second delay and the shaft is farther towards the ball. If the digital camera is turned sideways, the photo doesn't show that erroneous shaft bend toward the ball before impact because it isn't really there.

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

• 4 weeks later...

I was fitted the first time over 30 years ago. The fitter was recommended to me by a friend that worked in a golf complex in Florida.
The fitter traveled around the tour stops before the Manufacturers had tour trucks.
We only worked on irons outdoors. We spent 6 hours over 3 days.
My goal was to get my misses the width of a green rather than my existing pattern. He worked with me on shafts for most of the first day.
The second day was to fine tune the shafts - weight, bend factors, and the tip flexes.
We were able to see that my 3 and 4 irons needed a softer tip and my wedges shafts needed a firmer tip.
We worked on carry distances.
The third day I hit the shafts that he replaced in my irons. Wow what a difference!

Over the next year I went from a 12 handicap to a 5.

Not once did we work on my swing. Several times he mentioned on the importance of ball flight and the reasons he fitted me with different shafts.

I would not try to change my swing to fit existing clubs. 

default_taylormade-small.jpg.30d3eb3f9b481199aee6d83da348774b.jpg    M4 Driver 8.5 D Fujikura Red 6S
                       M4 3 Wood 15 D Fujikura Red 6S
                       Stealth 3 Hybrid 19 D Fujikura Red 7S
                       P790 Irons 4 - A  Dynamic Gold 95 R
                       Sand Wedge 56 D Dynamic Gold WedgeFlex
                       Lob Wedge   60 D  Dynamic Gold WedgeFlex

:odyssey-small:  Putter White Hot #7 OG Stroke Lab