Best Courses on a Golf Simulator

Hey all, 

First snow of the year forced the cancelation of my tee time today. I’m going to go a head and pull the trigger on a membership to my local simulator place. 

I’ve played a bunch of the bucket list courses already. What courses are fun on a sim?

Tester Opportunities

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

The Bag

Driver - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver with Project X Denali - 6.5

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro 20° with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges - :ping-small: S159 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold X100 (TESTER)

Putter - :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter , 🦓 Zebra AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro Plus

Tester for 

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

Kapalua is always fun on every sim I’ve ever played on. Pebble is usually good. I played PGA National last year and that was a real challenge. Bay Hill is also one of my favorites.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

I'm not sure about "best" there are a hungry i enjoy.  But most of the links style Scottish courses are the worst.  The idea of St Andrews is fun until you are inside your first pot bunker.  13 flop shot attempts off a hitting mat later and you have quit the round.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

19 hours ago, aguybadatgolf said:

Hey all, 

First snow of the year forced the cancelation of my tee time today. I’m going to go a head and pull the trigger on a membership to my local simulator place. 

I’ve played a bunch of the bucket list courses already. What courses are fun on a sim?

Too many to choose from. Google the top 100 golf courses and see what ones you haven't played yet and go from there. 

That or find places you'll likely never have a chance to play on real life and go for those!

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Second Kapalua. I really like St. Andrews old course, minimal water and OB. Can hit it all over the place. 

Links courses in general work well as there are no trees which is always funky to deal with on a sim. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

18 hours ago, Bossfan said:

Kapalua is always fun on every sim I’ve ever played on. Pebble is usually good. I played PGA National last year and that was a real challenge. Bay Hill is also one of my favorites.

Kapalua’s Plantation Course is OK on a simulator, but you can never come close to replicating the experience of playing there because of the strong winds that you experience on that course (I played there on my 25th Wedding Anniversary).

On courses that I have played (Bethpage Black, Pinehurst #2, Kapalua, etc), I always compare the simulator experience with the real thing. Bethpage is pretty close, as is Pinehurst #2; Kapalua is so-so (see above).

Courses that I particularly enjoy playing on a simulator include: Pebble Beach, St Andrews Old Course, Banff, Quail Hollow and Wolf Creek.  I haven’t yet played the Old Course, but I will finally get that opportunity next May, so I can have the “real deal” experience of playing there for comparison.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

We played Pebble on a simulator multiple times in preparation for our first visit.  It was helpful to get a visual and an idea how to play each hole.  The thing it didn't do was prepare for the real visuals, and the side slopes and elevation changes.  I still go back and replay on the sim to remember an amazing place.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FW: 3HL Callaway Paradym

FW: 5 Callaway Mavrik

Hybird: Rogue ST 5

Irons: Paradym X 6-AW, UST Dart 75g

Wedges: Vokey TM9, 52F, 58S

Putter: Odessey OG 

Callaway Chromesoft or Titleist Tour Speed