Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_BOS

On 4/2/2024 at 3:11 PM, Lefty11 said:

I’ve got to say the more I use my Ai one the more I like it!  I’ll be testing it outdoors in a week or so.  

How is the testing going, The AI's do grow on you the more you use it. Sometimes I walk by my bag in the house and I can feel it staring at me and it makes my think its time to do more putting practice.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

Has anyone had any issues with the headcovers? I haven't so far but with continued on and off use I was just wondering how everyone's are holding up?

Mine is still like brand new.

Millie’s still looks brand and I absolutely love that Odyssey did away with Velcro and went to magnets (allows the cover to stick to an iron head while the putter is in use)…don’t have try to remember where I put it.

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Has anyone had any issues with the headcovers? I haven't so far but with continued on and off use I was just wondering how everyone's are holding up?

Cover is holding up well, white shows a little bit of dirt but has cleaned up nicely for me each time.

I had a bad experience with a magnetic cover for a blade putter (magnets fell out) so I was a little skeptical/reluctant with this one, but have had no issues with the Odyssey one so far.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Other than absorbing every spec of dirt (and ours is red clay!) It's functioning perfectly. The white grain leather is a bit harder to clean, and I still have a few smudges that won't come out.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Do you guys take your cover with you to the green?  I usually take the putter from the bag and then leave the cover sitting on the cart seat (or top of the bad if walking), trying to keep it off the ground as much as possible. 

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

59 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Do you guys take your cover with you to the green?  I usually take the putter from the bag and then leave the cover sitting on the cart seat (or top of the bad if walking), trying to keep it off the ground as much as possible. 

No , never have.. I set it on top of my irons so I see it to put it back on when I put it away fir the next hole

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Other than absorbing every spec of dirt (and ours is red clay!) It's functioning perfectly. The white grain leather is a bit harder to clean, and I still have a few smudges that won't come out.

@Rob Person you can use ZOTE soap i think in the laundry aisle.  But use only on damp cloth.    It looks like a big brick

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

19 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

No , never have.. I set it on top of my irons so I see it to put it back on when I put it away fir the next hole

I’m right there with you, cover goes on anytime I’m not actively using the putter.  Got to keep my baby protected!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Thanks for the tip. Used a damp microfiber cloth, and then a magic eraser wipe today nd it looks new! Same with the white grip. 

DB was flawless today!  No 3.putts over 18 holes. Several 1 putts.  Today was a good day!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks for the tip. Used a damp microfiber cloth, and then a magic eraser wipe today nd it looks new! Same with the white grip. 

DB was flawless today!  No 3.putts over 18 holes. Several 1 putts.  Today was a good day!

Glad to hear DB is rolling it well for you…keep up the good work!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

16 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That’s awesome, keep rolling that rock.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

30 putts today…greens were definitely rolling better after they were punched a few weeks back.

The number doesn’t tell the whole story…made quite a few from 5+ feet,  o 3 putts and quite a few one putts.

Have I mentioned I really like this putter!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Part way through the round today I noticed a spot on the white face which did not wipe clean.  Tried again this evening while cleaning the rest of the clubs and still wouldn’t come off (tried wet rag and even a nylon brush).  These spots did not impact performance in any way.

Two black dots toward the top of the picture (this is towards the bottom of the putter)

IMG_4842.jpeg.19f7b8dc1a17542b2202e59ec049456f.jpeg

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

Part way through the round today I noticed a spot on the white face which did not wipe clean.  Tried again this evening while cleaning the rest of the clubs and still wouldn’t come off (tried wet rag and even a nylon brush).  These spots did not impact performance in any way.

Two black dots toward the top of the picture (this is towards the bottom of the putter)

IMG_4842.jpeg.19f7b8dc1a17542b2202e59ec049456f.jpeg

That looks like something that may have been on a ball and chipped the surface, like sand or gravel bits.

I know it's a soft insert,  but that's  ot good. 😔 

WITB-

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

That looks like something that may have been on a ball and chipped the surface, like sand or gravel bits.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse or happens on other parts of the face.

The practice green this morning was wet and picked up grass and I’m not good at wiping the ball between putts, but did the same thing with my Spider and did not see anything like this, but it was also a firmer insert.

This is the first sign of any wear on this putter.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Will definitely be keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse or happens on other parts of the face.

The practice green this morning was wet and picked up grass and I’m not good at wiping the ball between putts, but did the same thing with my Spider and did not see anything like this, but it was also a firmer insert.

This is the first sign of any wear on this putter.

With th3 ground being wet, I'd almost guarantee there was gritty debris on the ground.  Im.sorry this happened to you

WITB-

5 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

With th3 ground being wet, I'd almost guarantee there was gritty debris on the ground.  Im.sorry this happened to you

I’ll count it as the mark an “experienced” putter!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 4/20/2024 at 3:01 PM, TJ Hall said:

30 putts today…greens were definitely rolling better after they were punched a few weeks back.

The number doesn’t tell the whole story…made quite a few from 5+ feet,  o 3 putts and quite a few one putts.

Have I mentioned I really like this putter!

Awesome Sauce!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

23 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Oh POOH, looks as though something pointy actually stuck in it. I would say if it gets worse I'd contact Odyssey

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

6 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Oh POOH, looks as though something pointy actually stuck in it. I would say if it gets worse I'd contact Odyssey

I’m not sure what it is, ran my finger nail across it and it doesn’t catch, but also doesn’t wipe off.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I’m not sure what it is, ran my finger nail across it and it doesn’t catch, but also doesn’t wipe off.

your nail probably wont get down to it since the face is slightly textured

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

6 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

your nail probably wont get down to it since the face is slightly textured

Did not feel any change in the texture in that area, it felt the same as the rest of the face.  

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 4/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, TJ Hall said:

This is the first sign of any wear 

Now I will be inspection savvy after every putt!

WITB-

Definitely worth cleaning your ball, and putter face, after every putt. I found out myself that not doing so can result in marks on the face, as seen in the Runner test. 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

3 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

Definitely worth cleaning your ball, and putter face, after every putt. I found out myself that not doing so can result in marks on the face, as seen in the Runner test. 

I did see that on the Runner test as well.  I was intentional on cleaning the putter face, just not the balls themselves while on the practice green…next time will take a towel with me and clean each time.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 4/22/2024 at 7:14 AM, TJ Hall said:

I did see that on the Runner test as well.  I was intentional on cleaning the putter face, just not the balls themselves while on the practice green…next time will take a towel with me and clean each time.

@TJ Hall was just sitting here at work reading everything I clicked on, then had a thought.... what if you used a needle with a fine point to see if the black dots will come off?

Just a thought though, don't want to cause anymore issue with the face.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

41 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@TJ Hall was just sitting here at work reading everything I clicked on, then had a thought.... what if you used a needle with a fine point to see if the black dots will come off?

Just a thought though, don't want to cause anymore issue with the face.

I’ll give it a shot tonight to see if it helps at all.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Tried to pick at it some tonight with no luck, was trying not to dig in too deep to avoid tearing up the insert.

No change in anything with the marks, will just keep an eye on it as time goes by to see if anything changes…and will be more diligent about cleaning off the balls on the practice green going forward!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter