Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_BOS

I can't lie, I am missing the DB. I may have to do a head to head against the stix putter. Even though they are 2 completely different putters in every regard.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I had less putts today, 33 total, but that was also with only 2 greens hit.  Speed control was better today, but still couldn’t see some of the breaks and just never got comfort with the 3-5 footers.

Feel better over 20-30 footers than I do the short ones…got some more work to do.

Chicken wing your front elbow toward the hole, this will help make your stroke more pendulum on the short putts 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Chicken wing your front elbow toward the hole, this will help make your stroke more pendulum on the short putts 

I’ve never been comfortable on these greens in prior rounds, so it might be be a confidence thing that threw everything off.  Going to spend time inside practicing inside and get back to some greens I’m familiar with to see how it goes.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

FINALLY a got the cups installed today, rolled a few … golf balls that is… just got to clean it up and put the flags in.

image.jpeg.d6dff6c2d3aa8e4377d445edbb2d288b.jpeg

Looks fantastic!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

FINALLY a got the cups installed today, rolled a few … golf balls that is… just got to clean it up and put the flags in.

Looks awesome…super nice that have that setup in your backyard!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Love it - I’m sure I missed the size of the green - how big?  Also do you have sone slope built in? 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

8 hours ago, Willie T said:

Love it - I’m sure I missed the size of the green - how big?  Also do you have sone slope built in? 

@Willie T 15L x 6w, I have uphill, downhill, sidehill, left to right, right to left and straight. got them all covered don't ask me how I did it but it turned out better than I expected.

Flags are next, I had Augusta ones but can't find them. I think I'm going to get another cup to have 4 holes to roll the rock to.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

50 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Going to place my hitting mat right next to and my net off the the left on the back edge of the green.

Gonna be a sweet setup!!

WITB-

4 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Going to place my hitting mat right next to and my net off the the left on the back edge of the green.

Posts some pictures once you have it all done!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Posts some pictures once you have it all done!

@TJ Hall Absolutely!, but thinking instead of to the left of the green, I might change to across the green. Seems I might have more room that way an still have the hitting area where I need to put my mat.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Here it is the latest setup for my backyard range!

Found the ball dispenser at the thrift store for $2.00, works great for something 20yrs old I’m guessing.

Net was on MACBID.com, won it for $23.00 last year.

Hitting mat $15.00 same site.

image.jpeg.2ba9f0c6422dd07d3b42f6a20895ce33.jpeg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

2 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Nicely done!  

WITB-

10 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Found the ball dispenser at the thrift store for $2.00, works great for something 20yrs old I’m guessing.

Nice setup!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 6/15/2024 at 9:49 PM, buckpillar said:

Nice work @buckpillar!  I’ll be over with the beer shortly.  😂

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

39 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Nice work @buckpillar!  I’ll be over with the beer shortly.  😂

Oh heck yeah, I'll roll out the big screen from the shed and hook up the PHI golf simulator and play on the wgt site. Pebble, St. Andrew's... Stop on by always welcome. Any spy's are welcome. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

My Spies,

Hey All, help me out here, today I hit a few puts before getting ready for bed and I don't know if it is me or the AI color blue got darker since the last time I used. 

I never notice any change until today, what do you all think.

Day of unboxing top, and bottom is from today, I looked at different angles and lighting and I'm pretty sure it got darker.

20231220_150933(2).jpg.917da6a729a1984e04adc30e7f1372d8.jpg 20240621_103442.jpg.93316d87c29344a7ab81ec2496b174a9.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

44 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

My Spies,

Hey All, help me out here, today I hit a few puts before getting ready for bed and I don't know if it is me or the AI color blue got darker since the last time I used. 

Day of unboxing top, and bottom is from today, I looked at different angles and lighting and I'm pretty sure it got darker.

20231220_150933(2).jpg.917da6a729a1984e04adc30e7f1372d8.jpg 20240621_103442.jpg.93316d87c29344a7ab81ec2496b174a9.jpg

Hard to tell from the pictures, I have not noticed any color changes in mine but also haven’t been looking for it specifically.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

Hard to tell from the pictures, I have not noticed any color changes in mine but also haven’t been looking for it specifically.

I haven't noticed any changes with my Ai 2Ball yet.  I'll need to keep an eye on it.  🤔

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

It just popped out of the blue when i address the putt, probably just me👀

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Different level of light? Sun in a different position since January? Mine appears to be the same color.

WITB-

Played 18 with my league today, it was hot.  34 putts today, but quite frustrated with my putting.  Speed control was good on the long putts (only one was a stressful 2 putt).  Did have one 3 putt, but not disappointed, they were good putts.

Missed way too many putts within 10 feet, leaving a lot of shots out there.  Only hit 6 greens and the putter did not save me.

Might play around with my prior gamer to see if the different look changes anything.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 6/21/2024 at 10:58 AM, buckpillar said:

My Spies,

Agree with the others - hard to tell.  I know that Millie (my AI-One milled) still looks new and I game it several times a week.  Will be keeping an eye on her as well….

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

2 hours ago, Willie T said:

Agree with the others - hard to tell.  I know that Millie (my AI-One milled) still looks new and I game it several times a week.  Will be keeping an eye on her as well….

Mine is like it just came out the box, it is taken care of better than my cars. maybe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. 👓 might need them

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Played 18 with my league today, it was hot.  34 putts today, but quite frustrated with my putting.  Speed control was good on the long putts (only one was a stressful 2 putt).  Did have one 3 putt, but not disappointed, they were good putts.

Missed way too many putts within 10 feet, leaving a lot of shots out there.  Only hit 6 greens and the putter did not save me.

Might play around with my prior gamer to see if the different look changes anything.

for the shorter putts, point your elbow toward the hole instead of keeping it tucked into your side, this will help produce a more pendulum stroke. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

16 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

More than likely me eyes were playing tricks on me

I'm not saying it's impossible.  within a few days the pvd coating wore off the backside edge of the DB. That is still a mystery to me.

WITB-

On 6/22/2024 at 9:27 PM, Rob Person said:

I'm not saying it's impossible.  within a few days the pvd coating wore off the backside edge of the DB. That is still a mystery to me.

Rob - I recall that from your review.  It’s interesting that others have not seen similar effects to theirs….wondering if maybe it’s a factory thing.

6 hours ago, Willie T said:

Rob - I recall that from your review.  It’s interesting that others have not seen similar effects to theirs….wondering if maybe it’s a factory thing.

It's still a mystery to me. However, no more finish has worn off since then

WITB-