Golf Bal Rollback

Driver3

2 minutes ago, Driver3 said:

Surprised no one is discussing this?

Golf Digest Story Golf Ball Rollback

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Blame the professional tours for their unwillingness to adopt the proposed "local rule" that would require the use of a distance limited ball. There is no distance problem at the amateur level. Hitting the ball too far is an issue only with less than 1% of all golfers. This rollback does not make the game easier, does not make it more accessible, nor less expensive. On the contrary, what is being proposed by those in favor of the rollback for the amateur to minimize the impact does nothing but add cost.

I'm old. I moved up to the senior tees when hitting hybrids and fairway woods into par 4s became the norm and took away the fun for me. There is very little difference in distance between the senior and ladies tees, so where are we supposed to move up to? The rough in front of the tee box? Down the fairway, where they place tee boxes for the juniors? I don't see courses building new tee boxes.

Fortunately, I probably won't live long enough for this rollback to affect me. However, I think it is the wrong thing to do. Just about every other sport has bifurcation? Why not golf if one chooses to play the game that way? If one wants, with bifurcation of the ball, one could always play with the same ball the pros play with should they so choose. The game the typical amateur plays has no resemblance to the pro game on so many levels already. The casual game we play day in and day out is not the same game. We rarely play on the pristine conditions the pros see week in and week out. We don't play from the same tees.  For many of us, the premium balls that the pros play aren't suited for our games, so we play balls that a pro would never put in play. Very, very few of us have access to the instruction, the trainers, the ability to tweak our equipment, ball included, for maximum performance.

I will not be renewing my GHIN handicap next year. I only maintain it as a measuring point for my own game, as I no longer play in any organized events.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset