2024 PING G430 MAX 10K Driver

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

FYI to the 10k fans: I was lucky to be chosen to test the Graphite Design AD VR in my 10k. I will be putting it up against the Kai Li White and the AD UB. Considering the AD UB does what GD says for me, which is a fade bias and the Kai Li White is something I can turn over to the left, I’m hoping to see if the VR is something I can turn the ball over to the left (GD says its draw biased). If the VR is what it advertises then it will be the best of both worlds- I would get the the stability and great dispersion of the GD UB and the ability to move it to the left (the Kai Li). Stay tuned. 

Here's my intro:

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

I went back to my Ping G410 plus for one round. Again, less forgiveness with more right sided bias but with weight on fade to avoid duckies . Distances ranged from 225-261 on straight drives in damp conditions. Definitely an improvement on feel and workability. Ball seemed to jump off the face and was easier to get thru most drives. I dont believe its a shaft issue and will try to go from the 28gm weight to 19. 410 has a 12gm adjustable weight. 

I had a couple tough rounds and I'm not really sure why.....   I think I was starting to feel that I wasn't getting the length I deserved and I wasn't.   Playing the same course I was back some 20 yards, be it less drives into trouble.   I believe I rationalized that I should be able to put more into the swing due to the drives being so straight.   Not a great formula as things went haywire dead straight left and that has never been my issue and I couldn't break out of it.

I came home and looked at my TSR3 hanging on the wall and switched it to ensure next time out that was what i would use.

Smooth swing, down the middle 30 yards longer.   9 holes, 6 drives with the driver, 5 fairways hit....

I cannot explain

• Driver--:titleist-small: TSr 3 -9* (B1) -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - image.png.d0176d18d9ceb1317233e258be95d3b7.png- G430Max 15*-Flat, 3 Wood -Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7-X
  • Fairway - image.png.15c97d4865288e26d52bce8c57064167.png- G430MAX 20* (-1, flat) 7 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Hybrid - image.png.9e093926e300ff1030b63d07f1aa41b7.png- G430MAX 3 Hybrid (-1, Flat) Alta CB Stiff (looking for a new shaft)
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron (18*, flat) Project X RDX Red 6.5 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag
  • Clic Gear 4.0 push cart

image.png

image.png

32 minutes ago, KevB_44 said:

I had a couple tough rounds and I'm not really sure why.....   I think I was starting to feel that I wasn't getting the length I deserved and I wasn't.   Playing the same course I was back some 20 yards, be it less drives into trouble.   I believe I rationalized that I should be able to put more into the swing due to the drives being so straight.   Not a great formula as things went haywire dead straight left and that has never been my issue and I couldn't break out of it.

I came home and looked at my TSR3 hanging on the wall and switched it to ensure next time out that was what i would use.

Smooth swing, down the middle 30 yards longer.   9 holes, 6 drives with the driver, 5 fairways hit....

I cannot explain

I feel your pain. Tho my pain is only $350 after someone who paid $650 gave up on it. If I gave a good crap Id get fitted, but hitting other golfers Max, TM and Callaway and my Plus much better, I m not spending another dime and its going on the market. 

I was fitted yesterday. My swing speed was about what I expected, 86-90 and the Tour shaft is wrong for me. I hit 3 other shafts and the Alta reg stock shaft worked great. I will be selling the club because Im not spending $200 more on this club. Lesson learned. Get fitted. Weight has little to do with it. It is a very forgiving club for sure. 

I had one more fitting at a different store which was free with a high pressure sales pitch, which I never give into. Sim2 Max driver was about the same as what I am swinging. The one Ping that did fit well was actually a mistake, or unavailable to purchase. The Ping G430 Max HL with a stock CB alta reg 55 shaft. However when we went to get that club, the fitter found out it is only available in a SR 35 or 45. However I left with a good takeaway of what should fit me now. 

On 7/4/2024 at 7:21 PM, DukeStKing said:

Here's my intro:

I’ve played quite a few rounds with the AD VR and my 10K and I’m very happy with the results- especially after changing my setting to +1 (11.5*). This was my latest round:

My son has this driver, and he really loves it.  I can testify that it has definitely decreased his dispersion, and feels much better off the face than previous Ping drivers (imo).

TM Stealth 2

Titleist 917F

Mizuno 919 Tours

Wilson Staff 50 & 58

Bettinardi Queen B #6

12 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

I got one, and I hit it straight, good distance, but very low. I put my 400 Max back in the bag.

Why do you hit it so low ?  I have low launch, low spin shaft in a 9* head and get plenty of height.  Fitter did try a few shafts, dialing in spin, launch etc

4 hours ago, JY56 said:

Why do you hit it so low ?  I have low launch, low spin shaft in a 9* head and get plenty of height.  Fitter did try a few shafts, dialing in spin, launch etc

Don’t know. Just know that the 400 Max works better.

All of it's accuracy attributes come to fruition when you play it at 44" length.

I've been a driving iron player forever, unleashing the big stick only when I see wide open spaces.

With the 10K, there are now three more driver holes on the course.
It goes far enough.  If you have to go to a bit shorter shaft and even a bit more lofted,
it's totally worth it.    

Everybody is different, but to me, 9° at 45¾" isn't even a golf club.  The game is hard enough.
Also, I like reducing that toe-up look at address.

On 7/28/2024 at 7:07 AM, JY56 said:

Same for me- it’s pretty high flying. I play it with the Kai Li 6S and GD AD VR 6S in a 10.5/11.5 and it goes high with both shafts. 

1 hour ago, Jawmusique said:

Is anyone playing any of the Ping driver shafts, or all after market?

I have the Kai Li White- which is a PING offering. The Alta gave me a two way miss- the fitter thought it was too light at under 60 grams, so I went with the heavier Kai Li. I like the distance the Kai Li gave me, but I’m presently testing the Graphite Design AD VR (also in a 60 gram) and it’s going well- better dispersion than the Kai Li but less distance. 

24 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

I have the Kai Li White- which is a PING offering. The Alta gave me a two way miss- the fitter thought it was too light at under 60 grams, so I went with the heavier Kai Li. I like the distance the Kai Li gave me, but I’m presently testing the Graphite Design AD VR (also in a 60 gram) and it’s going well- better dispersion than the Kai Li but less distance. 

I’ve been interested in those VR shafts. Where do they kick?

TM Stealth 2

Titleist 917F

Mizuno 919 Tours

Wilson Staff 50 & 58

Bettinardi Queen B #6

Just now, Jawmusique said:

I’ve been interested in those VR shafts. Where do they kick?

The VR has more of a mid kick- it’s very smooth and stable. They have such a variety, I’m sure you’ll find something that suits your taste. Here’s the link to the test (you can see what the other guys are saying):

On 7/28/2024 at 6:41 AM, RetiredBoomer said:

All of it's accuracy attributes come to fruition when you play it at 44" length.

I fully concur, although, my sentiment extends from playing that length in a G400 Max 9*. You wouldn't think that .5"-1" would be that much of a change, but it was for me. I'd assume the G435 is an improvement over the G400, but that length is right in the slot for accuracy without much loss of distance, if any.

WITB
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*
3w - Ping G400 14.5*
5w - Ping G400 17.5* (adj. to 18.1*)
2i - Wilson Staff Utility 18*
4i - Wilson Staff Utility 24*
5i-PW - Wilson Staff Blades (2019)
50* - Wilson Staff ZM (8* bounce)
56* - Wilson Staff HT (10* bounce)
P - Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2