Vice Pro Soft golf ball review - unofficial

Dpalos

Hello Spies, former AVX user here!

I'm on my second box of Vice Pro Soft golf balls and felt it was time to give them a review.  There are some evident pro’s and con’s, but overall, these have been a pleasure to play.  I have a mid swing speed at about 98 to 101 mph.  I do battle a slice, especially off driver, so I have a preference for low spin and also prefer a soft feel.  That being said, I did also try the Pro V1x Left Dash for low spin, but being the complete opposite of a soft ball, the feel just didn’t gel with me.  So that’s how I landed at Vice Pro Soft.  (I also found one in the woods and played a few holes with it before deciding to buy a box 😂)

I played Titleist AVX for about a year and a half before deciding to make a switch.  The more I played, the more balls I lost or replaced… and the more money out of my pocket!  The Vice Pro Soft goes for $35/dz on Amazon, so I at least feel a little less bad when I lose one.  Unless I hit a rock, tree, or cart path, I feel the durability is on par with a premium Titleist ball.

Performance:

Off the tee - Because of the soft nature of this ball, it doesn’t lend itself well to max driver swing smashes.  Even on better-than-usual contact, the ball doesn’t seem to be a long performer.  My average distance can range from 240-270yd, depending on weather and course conditions.  A cold, damp morning might only get me 240yd on a good strike, and 265yd on a sunny mid-afternoon.  What I lose in distance off the tee, I gain in better control of the slice and some better playability.

Approach - This is where the ball excels for me.  The ball is a better than average with the irons, giving me as much if not more distance than the AVX.  I’m also able to control the shape of the ball more with sufficient stopping power.  If you are a player that needs more spin to hold greens, the Vice Pro Soft may not be your best option. I would say the trajectory of flight is mid-high, with a descent able to drop and stop.  I love the soft feel of the ball.  When I played the Pro V1X Left Dash, it felt like striking a rock.  The Pro Soft gives me a better response of where I’m hitting the ball on the club face.

Greenside - The Vice Pro Soft lacks greenside spin.  Like most soft balls, I get more bump & run action than a quick check.  Again, if you require more spin around the greens, the Pro Soft is not the best for that.  I was never really much of a high spin player around the greens, so this area doesn’t bother me too much, but it is definitely a con.  On the greens, I like the soft feel off the putter face.

If you like a soft ball that flies straight and long, I strongly feel you should give the Vice Pro Soft a try.  It may not have impressive distance off the tee, but the feel off the approach may make up for that.  If you play the Pro Soft or have given it a try, let me know what you think!  Cheers

David

IMG_0360.jpeg

:titelist-small: Tsi3 9* - Tensei AV Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: Tsi2 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75s

:tour-edge: C721 19* HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80s

:mizuno-small: JPX921 Tour - KBS $-Taper 120 4-pw

:mizuno-small: T22 50*, 54*, 58* DG Tour Issue

:mizuno-small: M-Craft V mallet

Golf Pride MCC +4 grips