Tournament Gift Ideas To Draw A Crowd

Hey Spies I figured I’d come here for your advice as there is definitely more experience here for how to organize a successful tournament than I have so here goes. 
 My church is putting on its 3rd annual memorial tournament/scholarship in memory of a girl that passed away a couple of years ago from moya moya disease. She grew up in the church and it’s our way of remembering her. 
 That being said we are trying to grow the tournament to get a full slate of teams. I’ve had the idea of getting more high dollar prizes to maybe do a raffle or closest to the pin/long drive prize. Then promoting these items along with the tournament. I think I have a Lombardi putter lined up as a prize but not sure on other things to get or other companies to possibly reach out to. 
Any ideas on how to grow this tournament to attract more people and grow the scholarship (all proceeds go to the scholarship which is awarded to a local senior each year and to helping families in the local community) would be greatly appreciated!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Played in a few that have raffles for a booze barrel (a wheelbarrow filled with various beer/liquor), also rounds of golf at the course.  Putters/drivers are good for longest drive/closest to the pin.

50/50 has always been successful in raising money…the last few years I’ve seen it the winner gave the money back to the event (fundraiser for dogs).

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Last year I was in one that had at least 50 bottles of booze all scattered around the practice putting green. You paid $20 for a putt. Whatever bottle you hit was yours. You couldn’t miss. A person was always on the green to direct your putt if it looked like you would miss. 
They also had the gun that shot golf balls. Closest to the pins and long drive. They also had a stand at a tee box on a par 5. The person had a deck of cards. One person from each group pulled a card. Red cards got an automatic move to 165 yards. Black cards meant you had to tee from the tee box.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Depending on the size of your police, fire, or sherrifs department , get some flyers into their hands!  Ours actually sponsors a number of charity tournaments every year locally. Turn out is in the mid hundreds!

Getting local businesses involved as "hole sponsors" is also a great way to raise the capital to help pay for the course rate, the signs, banners, gift bags, etc.

It's not always about the prizes, but to help boost that side, Find other local interest groups/clubs to donate for a silent raffle too. (Jeep, car, motorcycle,  etc) 

It doesn't have to be golf related products!

And, when you gain a sponsor, give em a few flyers  and the more flyers will be out there to attract players. It will grow teams and sponsors.

Good luck

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Thank you all for the replies! Those are great ideas!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.