Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MODERN GOLF: The MBP's Get Fit

The Dansome

She most definitely hits her irons well, her data you see is on total distance, we were mainly concentrating on carry distance, being in Vancouver we have to take the elements into play as well during her fitting, so total distance on her irons was not a huge factor based on the softer greens she would be playing, saying that we went from her spin rate on her irons being 3700 and with the new irons at 5300 so even if she did go play courses with firmer greens she would be able to hold the greens a little easier leading to a more consistent yardage. the one yardage with the Epon that seemed to carry further was a "guesstimate"from Trackman on her spin so I would have to say with the others carry distance she is looking pretty good and consistent , It was fantastic having both Dan and Nidine they are quality people!

attachicon.gifimage.png

Thanks for the input...  I was wondering about something like a missed spin rate....  I wasn't trying to pick apart your work at all. just one of those little things that I tend to notice..  If I ever make it up to Vancouver, I'll stop in and say hi.

N.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I would definitely spend the $325.00 for a fitting like this!! Too bad I don't think you have any locations in Georgia!!

I was also curious, during a fitting do you ever just suggest using the set of clubs (irons specifically) a person already has maybe with different shafts & maybe tweaking the loft & lie?? 

I actually had a fitting at Modern Golf with Dean as well and it was an awesome experience!  I am still waiting for our stats and numbers etc so I'll write more about it later. 

But to answer your question, I currently have the Mizuno MP-59s with KBS Tour shafts in my bag and during the fitting, we pretty much stuck with the MP-59s.  We tried different shafts and other irons as well but in the end, I think the only change for me would be to swtich to the KBS C-Taper shafts instead.  The difference is quite small though so it doesn't really justify a change!

I actually had a fitting at Modern Golf with Dean as well and it was an awesome experience!  I am still waiting for our stats and numbers etc so I'll write more about it later. 

But to answer your question, I currently have the Mizuno MP-59s with KBS Tour shafts in my bag and during the fitting, we pretty much stuck with the MP-59s.  We tried different shafts and other irons as well but in the end, I think the only change for me would be to swtich to the KBS C-Taper shafts instead.  The difference is quite small though so it doesn't really justify a change!

Thanks for the response KT!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

• 3 months later...

You spend a lot of money playing golf. Does it really make sense to not have the best fitting equipment? When I say Best, I don't mean most expensive. You can pick up clearance clubs or used clubs that can be retro fitted to your swing. The shaft fit is the key. The right shaft can accomplish the 2 TWO major factors of a golf shot. More Center Hits and increased Swing Speed.

• 4 months later...
  • SPY VIP

I love how well these guys know their products

I was @modern testing other products this weekend and Dean hands me a G30 driver I wanted to try, puts in an Accra shaft I hit it decent.

I turn to NIdine and say "where's this 20 more yards these guys are supposed to get me?"

Dean looks at me with a 'hold your horses' kinda look, grabs a Fujikura Pro shaft and tweaks to 9.4 degrees

25 yards

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm getting my SLDR distances, but without having to fight the shaft like I do with the Fubuki Alpha.

25 yards over my Covert Performance

Nice! So will that be under your Christmas tree this year?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived