Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wilson D-100 Driver review

Raoul Mierop

I was send this driver in sept 2013, as a replacement for a cracked head on an almost one year old Wilson Shockwave (+ $100). And It felt great. It's a super light model but there is certainly something in you hands.I gained about 30 meters. But I also cracked this head... I am not a heavy hitter (75kg) and use the club about twice a month on a 18 hole run. And once a week on the driving range.

Wilson UK will not replace the D-100, because the initial deal was in 2012 (shockwave). Can Wilson be too cheap to deliver quality?

Sorry for the bad English, I am from the Netherlands. 

driver 1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Wilson have certainly been delivering great products lately, so it would be interesting to hear what correspondence you've had with them.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

You've got some serious damage along the top. I don't mean the crack, but the other hits it has taken. 

What is normal use of a driver? Maybe you've been to rough with it to warrant a replacement. We have to realize that sometimes stuff breaks because of us, not poor quality.

I've played with the D100 and bought one for my dad last year. No problems at all. 

Archived