Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,252 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: ODIN Golf

Calling All Golfers! Testers Wanted for ODIN Golf Balls

ODINFeature.jpg

In the vast landscape of golf ball options available to consumers, the direct-to-consumer (DTC) golf ball market has experienced an explosion of new brands in recent years, introducing golfers to a plethora of choices.

One such brand that caught the attention of our Forum members, although not featured in the primary golf ball test of 2023, is ODIN Golf. So, who exactly is ODIN Golf, and what sets them apart in the competitive DTC golf ball market?

ODINbox.jpg

About ODIN Golf

According to ODIN Golf, their mission is to make golf more accessible, affordable, and streamlined for the next generation of everyday golfers.

ODIN Golf aims to deliver a golf ball experience equal to or better than traditional brands, all without breaking the bank. An additional enticing feature is ODIN Golf's unique Cashback program, offering a 20% return on every dozen purchased (applied to future purchase) providing golfers with savings on subsequent ODIN orders. Essentially, you get paid to play golf, mirroring the benefits enjoyed by the pros.

Emphasizing their commitment to the everyday golfer, ODIN Golf distances itself from the allure of tour pros, declaring, "We're not excited about the pros; we're excited about you!" They aim for their community to directly benefit from and engage in the value they bring as a company, extending beyond merely reloading on ODIN golf balls.

ODINinhand.jpg

Want To Test?

For this testing opportunity, we're seeking five dedicated golfers to test, review and keep one dozen ODIN X1 golf balls.

The ODIN X1 is a 3-piece Urethane-covered golf ball designed for low to mid handicaps and tournament enthusiasts. With a high compression rating of 86, ODIN Golf promises a softer feel for players.

Notably, ODIN Golf asserts that the performance of their X1 golf ball is on par with the renowned Titleist ProV1.

ODINcourse.jpg

Does the prospect of testing the ODIN X1 golf ball intrigue you?

*This testing opportunity is open to all Forum members in the US only. 
*Registration closes December 6, 2023 with selected testers being announced December 12, 2023.

98 Comments

5 hours ago, MuskokaRex said:

Would love to test these golf balls. Hopefully we can get some product tests to all the faithful Canadian members!

Time of year now is tough with 90% of the country in winter season and unable to get onto the course.

We will have many worldwide tests this season, however as per usual many will be US only. 

28 minutes ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

What's up MGS Crew! This is Jordan from ODIN, great to meet ya! Big ups and massive thanks for letting us be a part of this, we really appreciate all the support. If anyone has any questions or needs any help, give me a shout anytime here. Thanks again and as we say, Go Balls Out. Always! 

Thanks for providing this amazing forum the opportunity to give you real play feedback, and opinion comparisons!

9 minutes ago, Jim C said:

I am always looking to test new golf balls. Here in De. we can play almost all winter, looking to see the performance in cold weather and compare to other new equipment. (Sugar Golf balls and the Calcutta). 

Hey Jim, thanks for stopping by! Excited to have you try them out

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Thanks for jumping in! always great to see the OEM's on the threads.

Non testing related, didn't see on the website but where did you come up with the name ODIN, strictly curiosity.

Pumped to be here! It's a fun crew.

We started ODIN in Berlin (we have two HQs, NorCal and Berlin). Given we started in Europe, we wanted to pay homage to the European motherland and we wanted a name that was bold, 4 letters, fit great on a ball and fit our tagline Go Balls Out. Always! Plus, if you Google ODIN and go to images of the old mythical ODIN, he's sitting on a throne with a giant staff. We said, "Man, that looks like a giant putter!" From there, ODIN came to life. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

We started ODIN in Berlin (we have two HQs, NorCal and Berlin). Given we started in Europe, we wanted to pay homage to the European motherland and we wanted a name that was bold, 4 letters, fit great on a ball and fit our tagline Go Balls Out. Always! Plus, if you Google ODIN and go to images of the old mythical ODIN, he's sitting on a throne with a giant staff. We said, "Man, that looks like a giant putter!" From there, ODIN came to life. 

Thats an awesome story.  Do you manufacture in Europe as well or elsewhere?

4 hours ago, Girldad18 said:

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to pit this against the ProV1 I play.  

Hey @Girldad18 - thanks for stopping by! We really appreciate all the support

6 hours ago, Clif Moore said:

I'm not married to a particular golf ball, but do want playability with the ball I do use. Would enjoy dating the Odin ball in case something more permanent happens!

We love a good wine n dine!

14 minutes ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Thanks for all the support! We design and incubate everything in Berlin and manufacture in Taiwan.

Awesome man.  Thanks for bringing a unique product to market.  I’m gonna have to try a box.  I’m always trying out new balls because I have a high(ish) swing speed but am also a high handicap player and lose a lot of balls.  The cash back program will benefit me, lol.    

1 minute ago, Buck1988 said:

Awesome man.  Thanks for bringing a unique product to market.  I’m gonna have to try a box.  I’m always trying out new balls because I have a high(ish) swing speed but am also a high handicap player and lose a lot of balls.  The cash back program will benefit me, lol.    

You got it and thanks for all the support! We're always here for ya, and if you happen to donate some marketing material around the track, we also got ya covered 🤙

45 minutes ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Love it, you should really add that to the website! Love back stories

1 hour ago, jbern said:

I had not heard of ODIN before this post. Great to see another fun brand and it's unique approach to appeal non-tour golfers. I really hope the ball stacks up competitively against the other DTC balls! Good luck to all those who apply!

Thanks for stopping by and for all the support! Pumped to have ya try them out!

4 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

It’s always good to have a spare ball in the bag if you’re not playing well and don’t wanna lose your higher priced left dash! (Not a knock they are the best of the best of the best sir)(With honors) it’s great to have a ball to reload without the guilt! 😜 

Appreciate the response and the idea! While it makes sense to not lose $$$$ golf balls, I’d be looking for an 18 hole ball…not just a water hole ball!!!

7 minutes ago, Shifty said:

no 🇨🇦 ? 🙄

Not for this one. Sask is pretty darn cold this time of year and only about to get colder so hard to get outdoor data. 

Part of the joys of living up north. 

Stay tuned for either some non on course tests or come April we will have some more opportunities where you'll be able to sign up and take part with courses being open. 

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not for this one. Sask is pretty darn cold this time of year and only about to get colder so hard to get outdoor data. 

Part of the joys of living up north. 

Stay tuned for either some non on course tests or come April we will have some more opportunities where you'll be able to sign up and take part with courses being open. 

I'll be in Palm Springs for 2 weeks in Jan.. As well I play everyday indoors GSPro.  But I understand.

54 minutes ago, frazzman80 said:

Appreciate the response and the idea! While it makes sense to not lose $$$$ golf balls, I’d be looking for an 18 hole ball…not just a water hole ball!!!

Well then I think theses balls might just tick that box as well it’s definitely my everyday golf ball 

Man I couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity! I currently game the Maxfli Tour and I’m now playing multiple times a week. I can’t afford to play golf 2 times a week or more AND $55/dozen for the best ball. I’ve flirted with the Snell MTB-X and the Cut Grey. If I can’t find a good ball to game by the end of the winter, I’ll probably suck it up and go with the Pro V1X. Love being here in South Texas where we can play year round!

This Test is now closed to further comments.