Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,598 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Edel

image (2).png

Custom Fitting At Its Finest

At the heart of Edel's brand is custom fitting. This is especially true with their putters, as their fitting carts host most options with the available “modular” build. If you have not experienced an Edel putting fitting, it should be on your bucket list of golf things to do, as they offer a truly unique experience.

The new Edel Array brings another level of customization to putters and features several new options.

These include four different models, with all three mallet designs now being available for left-handed golfers. There is also a single right-handed only blade design available.

The other options include four different neck options, two alignment aids for the blade, and six for the mallets. As well as five sole weight options, four grip choices, and a Tour Lock Opti-Vibe Weighting system for internal shaft weighting options.

That is a lot of options in one putter!

Edel Fitting Cart - 1.jpg

What Edel Is Saying

Edel says their Array putters are “Machined to the tightest tolerances for exacting precision. Each putter features a striking surface forged and machine-milled from 1025 carbon steel, known for its superior sound and softer feel. In tandem, head shapes and multiple alignment plates offered by the Array Putter line create a very powerful solution to aim bias."

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for four testers to test, review, and keep an Edel Array Putter they are fit into. The selected testers will share their fitting experience and testing experience with our community to see how this new line truly performs!

Are you interested in being a tester for the Edel Array putters?

image (3).png

*Registration closes Feb 14
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Feb 20
*This testing opportunity is open to registered MyGolfSpy Forum members located in North America.
*Testers will be responsible to schedule and be fit for the Array putter at their own expense.  A list of local fitters can be provided.

199 Comments

Cool concept for a putter with all the interchangeable aspects. Would love to get my hands on this to play around with the combinations. Good luck to all!

I have worked with Edel and think they may have been one of the first great putter fitting programs. They might be the only putter company to have a round grip. I love the way they do everything and would love to be selected to do the fitting. Thank you for the offer.

10 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

All these putters look really good.  I’ve watched fittings for Edel putters before.  I’ve never heard much about the feel of the putters.  I’ve never used one, anyone have any experience?

So the blade and the faces of the mallet are crafted from forged and milled 1025 carbon steel.  This is supposed to have a superior sound and feel to stainless (depending on your own personal taste that could differ) but it’s on of the things that has me itching to do a fitting of my own. 

It also doesn’t help my case that Spargo is trying to get their hands on a fitting kit. 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

So the blade and the faces of the mallet are crafted from forged and milled 1025 carbon steel.  This is supposed to have a superior sound and feel to stainless (depending on your own personal taste that could differ) but it’s on of the things that has me itching to do a fitting of my own. 

It also doesn’t help my case that Spargo is trying to get their hands on a fitting kit. 

Should be very interesting and I will go out on a limb early and say those that love a very soft feeling insert will love them and those who prefer a more "live" feeling off the face will not. Carbon makes for a very soft feel which for me leaves me a bit baffled on distance control whereas 303 or GSS (very similar) have more of a "pop" if you will off the face.  Imagine old school Odessy white hot vs Ping Answer. Big difference. I own a Carbon version of my current gamer that has GSS and they are light years different it will be a great test but no matter what I bet nobody says those black finish putters aren't sexy it made me change my profile pic to my black flatstick

I have heard some great things about Edel irons. Currently using a used Seggy putter. Pretty cool looking, but definitely seems inconsistent off the face for speed control. Doesn’t help that I’m not super consistent on center strikes.

7 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I’ll have to make it to Spargo sooner or later. I follow Spargo golf on instagram.  Place seems very legit.  I love that they make their own “short sets” (7 clubs)

I am curious as to how these would test against a LAB putter. Because on one hand you have a putter that is perfectly fitted to everything in your stroke, alignment, and sightlines. While on the other you have a putter that is designed to stay square and not rotate for as long as possible. 

A putter fitting is one of the most underrated things you can do.  One of the best things I have done for a club you use the most on the course.  It would be great to go through the Edel putter fitting experience as people keep mentioning as being one of the best.

10 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

All these putters look really good.  I’ve watched fittings for Edel putters before.  I’ve never heard much about the feel of the putters.  I’ve never used one, anyone have any experience?

10 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

So the blade and the faces of the mallet are crafted from forged and milled 1025 carbon steel.  This is supposed to have a superior sound and feel to stainless (depending on your own personal taste that could differ)

I have the Edel EAS 4.0, I can't find on the site where is says what steel is but I think it's the same 1025. As stated feel is very personal and I will preface this with I am not picky on sound and feel with a putter. But the Edel is a soft feel and sound for sure. The putter I had before was an Odyssey with the white-hot micro hinge insert and the Edel has a softer feel and more muted sound.  

These are great looking putters and getting fit for a putter makes a lot of sense as it is generally the most used tool in the bag. Makes a good case to have it be as precise as possible to your unique style and preference.

11 minutes ago, William P said:

These are great looking putters and getting fit for a putter makes a lot of sense as it is generally the most used tool in the bag. Makes a good case to have it be as precise as possible to your unique style and preference.

Everybody will do an iron fitting but nobody wants a putter or golf ball fitting and like you said that's where you score!!!

I see a lot of talk about the fitting being great and wanting to do it. I would love to do the Edel fitting as I haven't done their fitting. But just wanted to point out that the last line in the announcement say that you will be responsible to to get fit at your own expense so keep that in mind if signing up. I know I am still debating on signing up partly for that reason as if I do the fit I want to go to Edel directly and would be a 6 hour round trip. So making sure I will be able to commit to that time and money. 

I have done fittings but not to my satisfaction so as a result I have many many putters. I am a good putter but I had to adjust and remember each and every putters characteristics. Hopefully if Edel does a good job, I don't need to be thinking which putter I have that particular day. 🙂

Cheers!

These look and sound incredible. I love how sleek the black blade is. Congrats in advance to anyone that is given the opportunity to test. Look forward to seeing what kind of results they produce. 

I would love to sign up, but my putting stroke is so bad I'm afraid my results would be useless for the purposes of a review.  However, I am looking forward to seeing what the testers say.  Good luck!

This Test is now closed to further comments.