Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned) ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned)

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,829 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Haywood

HaywoodFeature.jpg

About Haywood Golf

Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2018, Haywood Golf is a relatively new addition to the DTC (Direct-to-consumer) market. However, Haywood has made a concerted effort to differentiate itself by offering multiple fitting locations worldwide. They also build all their clubs in Canada. 

With a move to a new and bigger location in the Vancouver area, Haywood looks to expand on its existing lineup, which already includes a multi-material designed driver and fairway wood, along with a newly released hybrid. Haywood then boasts four different iron models, a driving iron, wedges, and two different putter models (one mallet and one blade). Impressively, all their golf clubs are also available in right and left-handed options. Very Canadian!

With so many DTC brands available to consumers, Haywood separates itself by offering more fitting location options and special runs of copper and black nitride finish clubs, along with extremely competitive prices and a ton of options to fit your game.

HaywoodCBMB.jpg

What is being tested?

For this testing opportunity, we will have four fortunate golfers test, review, and keep a full set of the Haywood CB/MB Combo irons. With four split set options and full CB or MB, Haywood is introducing their first forged iron using 1020 carbon steel, which is then “100% milled, allowing for the tightest weight and club measurement tolerances in the industry.”

Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?

Selected testers will be offered a virtual fit with Haywood Golf to aid in getting the best set possible for them as part of the testing experience.

HaywoodMB.jpg

Want to be a tester?

HaywoodCB.jpg

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Registration closes Feb 28.

*Testers announced March 5 on the Forum.

267 Comments

I would love to test these irons.  18 months ago we had a demo day at our club and ordered the Rogue ST 5-pw.  They felt fine at the range and the ball flight was consistent, however when the clubs were built and delivered the club didn't feel the same or sound right when I hit them.  I attempted to return them and got a runaround for a month.  They finally agreed to give me credit however I had the misfortune of getting a hole in one with the pw on our 17th hole. Still decided to get a refund.  Had my old Callaway x forged reshafted and they feel ike on old pair of shoes.

Those Haywoods look really nice. Would love to test them and see if I can still game blades (I learnt to play with Wilson blades in the late 80s and 90s), but as I'm already actively testing the Callaway balls I guess I can't apply. Dammit... lol

Good luck to the chosen few!

Great looking set of irons ! I haven’t heard of this particular brand but it’s a club that I’d love to test . I’m actually wanting to get back to a mid sized compact cavity back (currently playing Callaway ST Max due to former back issues and restrictions on play and practice). I was just wondering are this similar to the Taylormade MC forged irons? If so I’d be very interested to compare and test these irons !

I have tried and owned many many forged iron sets. I am retired so I am willing to give a full review by playing 3-4 times a week when I'm in NY and every day when I am in Florida. Hope to have a chance and good luck everyone!

Cheers!

I live in Thunder Bay Ontario but am a snowbird in Arizona for most of the winter and golf every day unless it’s raining so could be a good tester for Canadian club company 

I saw these the other day and love the look, very sweet set. I play the Ben Hogan PTx from 2016 with basically the same lofts (1* weaker) and these could definitely be a set I try out. What a great opportunity for everyone!

I really love the DTC model and currently game Inesis irons from Decathlon and Seed balls. Great to see Haywood looking for testers. Would love to take part in this.

Best of luck to the chosen 4!

Was perusing the website and noticed that the CB/MB combo typical switches at 7/8 iron. I'm wondering if there's a specific reason for that area being where the combo starts and ends. I've been using game improvement irons for years and not sure how they would compare distance wise or when I mishit them.

Just now, unccross said:

Good luck everyone, Those look nice.  Look a little too good for me, I don't think I could hit them and would not be a good person to test.  Look forward to reading the reviews

Same here 😂

I love the simple beauty of them. I have been gaming the 2011 Taylormade MBs for many years and was drawn to them for the feel of a forged iron, the blade profile, and the simplicity. The idea of upgrading and moving into an iron set from this decade has been bouncing around in my head and perusing the options on their site has been fun. The specs on the Haywoods are similar to my set, so I may need to give these a look regardless of being lucky enough to be chosen. 

The Haywood irons are great.  Had the Signatures in the bag for a few years and I tested the CB  7 iron with a premium shaft to test and really liked it.

Josh is great.  Can’t wait to see the new fitting studio in Vancouver.

Good luck testers 

Awesome opportunity to try clubs from DTC manufacturer! I love the idea and price point but have a hard time pulling the trigger without being able to hit them first.  Good luck to all who are chose and look forward to seeing the results. 

2 hours ago, KC Golf said:

For all the potential tester. Just thought I would post the images for a Haywood CB 7 iron with an up charge Recoil shaft. 

It’s a great iron. 

IMG_7486.jpeg.53fb9df819fbd70d55caae2242c0bed5.jpegIMG_7485.jpeg.d4b01e6937da661eb954a77764088adc.jpegIMG_7484.jpeg.039e72a85ce06bc34e261bca4ace6974.jpegIMG_7487.jpeg.d317a17631755857c1da2f2a39dd471c.jpeg

Is that from their Jab Low Me lineup??? 🤣🤣🤣 iam not right forgive me 

I demoed the 7 iron signature and cb iron from Haywood and they are fantastic! 

the signature was super soft off the face with lots of explosive feeling. While the cb was still soft I could definitely feel my mishits more but was able to shape the ball a bit better! 

I bought the Haywood Signature Irons last year. I looked into the company after seeing a review of them on mygolfspy. I live in BC so I booked a fitting and made a trip to Vancouver. The team at Haywood were great to work with and got me set up. I ordered their signature irons based off the fitting. The clubs look great and perform. Using the irons I went from a 18 cap to 13.7 cap. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.