Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

Ping make some incredible wedges, I would LOVE to try out the new S159's (especially the eye design versions). I did the fitting app on my computer and I am shocked as to how perfectly it fit me (it matches my current Ping iron specs):

image.png.3df0695aa201c5099f536317b0fbdeac.png

Good luck to the winners and this is another reason why MyGolfSpy is so great to the community, providing stuff like this!

Looking good these wedges!! Great how easy the system is to decide your specs.  Would be very interested to get the opportunity to give these a try out on the course.  Especially in the darker finish 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 14.33.55.png

Im apparently useless with a wedge lol.  It sent me this.

chipr_cavity_624x500.jpg.dd3323abe1470da95da7beb3d118e7ec.jpg

PING Recommends

ChipR

Loft(s):38.5°

Color Code:Blue (1° Upright Lie Angle)

Length:Standard

Description:

Combines elements of a putter and a wedge for golfers who struggle executing chips with a traditional wedge. Played with a putting-like stroke to achieve distance control and consistency without fear of chunking or blading shots. Perimeter weighted for forgiveness, with MicroMax grooves for spin control, a cambered sole for versatility, and a compact size for confidence. Recommended for shots within 40 yards of the green from the rough or fringe.

Lol....oook.

Im not THAT bad with a wedge.

431463084_428415169585555_639798152407701545_n.jpg.5a9025b55a6df7e2d8da4476553b0619.jpg

WOWZZA... what a great testing opportunity!! I think these wedges are going to be a hit on the market. This will be a particularly fun test to follow.  Big shout out to the folks at PING and our MGS staff for making this happen 👏  Good luck to everyone.

2 hours ago, Sparky26 said:

Never played ping iron I currently play muzino 921 hot metals and heard pings are just as good as muzinos 🙏🤞🤞

They are great but I would dare to say most golfers who love Mizuno irons would most likely not be immediately impressed by the sound/feel as they are far different unless they are in the Game Improvement lineup. The wedges are a different story they are as good as far as feel/sound as any and better!!! I thought I would never play anything but Vokey but after hitting one of these for an hour I replaced 3 out of 4 of my Vokeys with these!!! 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Bummed that I won't be able to join the live Q&A (I have a quarterly meeting with the local school district) but I have a short story to share that may encourage others to join who were on the fence...

In 2005, I was fortunate enough to travel to Phoenix / Scottsdale to become a PING certified fitter.  The experience was incredible and something I haven't forgotten.  We were given a complete tour of the foundry, the gold putter vault, the putting lab and at the end of the tour, sat down with the Solheim family...yeah...full on access.  

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Solheim family and PING not just as a company, but as a brand that is truly committed to making the best products with direct oversight of that process.  I'm not sure what this afternoon's agenda but I have a good feeling that this will be a great opportunity to really connect with some excellent minds.  PING has my full respect as one of the elite innovators.

Man as a guy who switched into a PING driver five years ago and irons a year ago iam super jealous of the gold putter vault!!!! I want to see it as iam a putter collecting junkie!!! The wedges are fantastic and were enough to make a lifelong Vokey guy swap 3 out of the 4 that I carry

23 minutes ago, Greg Wales said:

Looking forward to this opportunity.  Hopefully, I will get lucky on the random draw. 

image.png.0b3a8f4434eb1bb703fc99fad0cc8993.png

Make sure you check out the following thread to ensure you're doing everything you can be in regards to having an opportunity to be selected! I can assure you, none of our member testing opportunities are "random draws" as they are not prizes to be won, but rather thorough, 4-6 week tests where the members selected will go through a thorough process of testing, and reviewing, the S159 wedges.

One of the criteria required for testing is a photo and complete profile, so make sure you start there! 

Looking to order in Ping i230 irons based on their forgiveness review from MGS. Hit a Ping Glide wedge once and loved it. Not sure why I still have Vokey's in my bag. Wonder how these will test.

This Test is now closed to further comments.