Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,996 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Byrdie Golf Design

BGD-TestersWanted.jpg

Testers Wanted!

It can be hard to keep track of all the new brands being introduced into the golfing market. Equally, it is very difficult for those same brands to get noticed. For this testers wanted opportunity, we are introducing Byrdie Golf Design, a company focused more on building golf clubs for a community of golfers looking to enjoy the sport without spending a fortune.

BGD-3.jpg

Byrdie Golf Design Clubs

We have a unique testing opportunity with Byrdie Golf Design where products across their whole lineup will be put to the test. This includes the BGD Essential full bag of golf clubs.

Within their line of golf clubs, Byrdie Golf offers The Gilmore Collection that includes a driver and fairway wood, as well as several iron sets. We have four iron sets that are being made available for testing (The OG, Vandal, Goat, and Divot Collections). Finally, applicants can register for the Byrdie Golf Design Grind wedges.

Byrdie Golf Design has put a focus on the amateur golfer, which is evident by the Club Finder Quiz. The quiz is less analytical and more focused on who you are as a golfer. There is a clear tone when taking the quiz that golf should be fun and enjoyable. While the products definitely matter, the enjoyment of being on the course and part of the golfing community should be a high priority.

BGD-2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are seeking four golfers to test, review, and keep one of the available Byrdie Golf Design products. We want to know how these products perform and how the golf clubs stack up given their value price. Should these be the next set for golfers looking to enter the sport? Or can they hold their weight with the bigger brands? We want you to tell us!

Ready to be our next tester?

BGD-1.jpg

*Open to members in North America
*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected
*Registration closes Mar. 22
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 26

BGD-4.jpg

116 Comments

Really wish I could sign up for this one! I think I'll only get one round in til mid-April so wouldn't be able to do this justice. I went through the steps and it recommended the Divot collection for me. Screenshot_20240316_044909_Chrome.jpg.d9ded3688e232f31abd7245ce1c89f99.jpg

20 hours ago, 148 said:

I love to see brands like this. I have a number of friends that started playing golf during Covid. They loved the game, but hated the associated costs.  Many stopped playing, but miss it. This creates the opportunity to draw them back. I need to get  out my way and try a few of these brands. SUB70 always intrigued me. 

You will love sub70! I bought the 699 pro irons and have had to restrain from going ahead and buying an entire sub70 golf set up. 

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I'd be very curious to see your input on these when the test officially begins!

Absolutely. I was actually planning to provide an unofficial review before this opportunity came out so I’ll post my take as well. 

These clubs look amazing! I’m definitely in the market for some new ones to compliment that new 10k. E

I've never heard of this brand, but they have a great look! Always good to see new products that make golf more accessible to the masses. Good luck to all who apply!

Choose the Diviot, but I was looking at the OG. Hopefully, I can see how these perform against my Ping G425. 

I am excited to see another DTC golf company. Last year, after several fittings and plenty of testing I chose to go with Sub 70 699 V2 irons. The quality and service I received was exceptional. If this new company can match that then they can be a player. Golf is getting more and more expensive each year and we middle class, mid handicap players need all the help we can get.

wish the thriller left handed set was i. the mix. so many times these small manufacturers don't make a lefty club- and so we southpaws are left out of the test chance- here is a chance to include a lefty. Looking at the web site for these clubs the only lefties appear to be the "thriller" set

Absolutely LOVE the idea of this test - and their clubs look legit GREAT. Love the color designs, and the MB's in particular are super cool-looking.  

Can't wait to hear what our testers think of the products!

All  products looks great ! I would love to give it try... love to improve my game with this products.

took a quick look at the site, well put together. As usual, lefty options are limited Not complaining just stating the reality of it and it is not an option to select for testing.  Will be keeping an eye on the results.

Wow, so I'm definitely a high handicap! I'm really hoping the weather improves here in the Midwest. This is the year that I improve my golf game. Would and could these irons help?

Competing with the big boys at an affordable price point. Great looking irons. Very interested in how this shakes out. 

I've seen the Byrdie clubs around and they look amazing! would love to compare them to my Mizuno's. The Goat irons are some of the prettiest irons on the market 

I love the aesthetic of the grind wedges (in gunmetal) and the GOAT and Vandal irons are also very cool looking. I don't think I have ever seen Byrdie Golf Design clubs out in the wild before so will be cool to see how everyone gets along with the testing. And I agree with @Jeremy26, a 35* 7 iron is a sight for sore eyes!

This Test is now closed to further comments.